trailer for a 3218 bayliner-gctid379876

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trailer for a 3218 bayliner-gctid379876

I have done alot of pricing boat lifts, to get one shipped to where i live is in the $15,000 range, a little pricey for me..guess i,m going to end up going with a trailer. Anyone know where i could get a good price on a trailer ? New or Used does not matter..

VATB-12625 ST225/75D 15 LRD 6H 12625 29'-32'* 2 5/16" Standard 3

VATB-15025 ST235/80R 16 LRE 8H 15025 32'-36'* 2 5/16" Standard 3

http://www.venturetrailers.com/aluminum.html

Looking at buying one of these loacaly here in Seattle, new cost is around 7K, might be less for you as these are mfg on the east coast.

Comment

Good luck on fimding a used one. I looked for more than 2 years before i decided to make my own. Also a good new trailer that will carry the load of your boat is hard to find and expensive. Dont forget that the load of the trailer includes the weight of the trailer and all your liquids and junk you are foing to need a 20000 lb capable trailer and a truck to pull it.

New and. Used ones are out there but few and far between. I found it difficult to find a used trailer that wasnt really beat up or worn out
      1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
      twin 454's
      MV Mar-Y-Sol
      1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
      Twin chevy 350's inboard
      Ben- Jamin
      spokane Washington

Comment

Frankenstien wrote:
        VATB-12625 ST225/75D 15 LRD 6H 12625 29'-32'* 2 5/16" Standard 3

VATB-15025 ST235/80R 16 LRE 8H 15025 32'-36'* 2 5/16" Standard 3

http://www.venturetrailers.com/aluminum.html

Looking at buying one of these loacaly here in Seattle, new cost is around 7K, might be less for you as these are mfg on the east coast.
        Depending on what your boat is, I think you might want to consider a higher capacity trailer. The 15K trailer will be marginal at best for a 3288. Dry weight is approximately 13K. Add fuel, water, gear, accessories you could easily add another 5K to the weight. That would mean for a degree of safety one would need their 18K trailer.
        Patrick and Patti
        4588 Pilothouse 1991
        12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
        M/V "Paloma"
        MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Papa Charlie wrote:
          Depending on what your boat is, I think you might want to consider a higher capacity trailer. The 15K trailer will be marginal at best for a 3288. Dry weight is approximately 13K. Add fuel, water, gear, accessories you could easily add another 5K to the weight. That would mean for a degree of safety one would need their 18K trailer.
          13000+5000 + 3000for the trailer= 21000 lb trailer thats heavy even for a 20000 lb trailer.

However i towed my 11000 lb boat 300 miles on a 12000 lb capacity trailer (that was a16000 lb gross loadwith all the the fuel and junk) that I borrowedonly because I had a friend that used it for his maxim 32scr. Now I thought that because he did it would be fine. It towed like crap and I wouldnt do it again
          twin 454's
          MV Mar-Y-Sol
          Twin chevy 350's inboard
          Ben- Jamin
          spokane Washington

Comment

yachtman wrote:
            13000+5000 + 3000for the trailer= 21000 lb trailer thats heavy even for a 20000 lb trailer.

However i towed my 11000 lb boat 300 miles on a 12000 lb capacity trailer (that was a16000 lb gross loadwith all the the fuel and junk) that I borrowedonly because I had a friend that used it for his maxim 32scr. Now I thought that because he did it would be fine. It towed like crap and I wouldnt do it again
            I was a little confused by their website. They showed the weight as "Load Capacity", not GVW or Gross Weight. The assumption and it may be wrong is that this is the maximum load that can be put on the trailer. Unless you have found something stating otherwise on their website or through conversations with them.
            Patrick and Patti
            4588 Pilothouse 1991
            12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
            M/V "Paloma"
            MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Anyone have any sketches or measurements to build a homemade trailer ?

Comment

Here is a link to my trailer building thread. Its not a job for the faint of heart or the unskilled. Mine took me most of one summer to build then last summer I went back and changed a bunch of things I didnt like. If you want measurements I could give you some but my hull is a planning hull and my bunks would be different than what you have.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...g+boat+trailer

Now its my opinion that what I have is much better than what a person can generally buy. Not touting my abilities its just that alot of the trailers I looked at were not built very well and were engineered to the minimum. A trailer like I built would be in the $10000 range. I spent about $4000 - 50000 on it. Its a 18000 lb trailer because of the axles I used you would need 7000lb+ axles.
                twin 454's
                MV Mar-Y-Sol
                Twin chevy 350's inboard
                Ben- Jamin
                spokane Washington

Comment

WOW ther trailer looks great !.. heavy duty for sure..

Comment

I have a Blair, purchased used from another BOC member a couple of years ago, its a great trailer. 5th wheel style with a gooseneck. Electric over hydraulic brakes, loads and unloaded very easily (boat).

Comment

Is it possible to get some dimensions from this trailer? I'm wanting to build one exactly like it and it would make it so much easier if I had the dimensions. Thanks, Russ

Comment

Originally posted by RPMSpecial View Post
                        Is it possible to get some dimensions from this trailer? I'm wanting to build one exactly like it and it would make it so much easier if I had the dimensions. Thanks, Russ
                        Are you by chance in the Puget Sound area? If so, years ago there used to be a 32 Bayliner on a trailer at Dagmar's in Everett. You may want to see if it's still there and measure the trailer.
                        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                        Anacortes, WA

Comment

Send yachtman a PM he built his own.
                          Dave
                          Edmonds, WA
                          "THE FIX"
                          '93 2556
                          Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
                          Misc. projects thread
                          https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

Or you could buy mine, see Classified section.
                            Jeff & Tara
                            (And Ginger too)
                            Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                            "GetAway"
                            Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Thanks, I'm in Tennessee. I'm probably more excited about the project of building the trailer than I am about the actual need. Thanks for the help. I'll PM Yachtman.

Comment

Working...
                              X