Ceiling lights in 4588 (and others I am sure)-gctid378496

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceiling lights in 4588 (and others I am sure)-gctid378496

I was replacing the wall paper in the guest head and had to pull down the ceiling liner. I was surprised to see the upholstery burned so bad under the light fixture...I am going LED before my boat burns to the water line.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/681956=27332-IMAG0093.jpg[/img]

Scary, i would have made the title more of an attention grabber to get more people to read this and check theirs.

Comment

We just changed all over to LED- I found several fixtures that were burned just like your picture.

I sleep much better now....

Comment

F just bulbs which ones did you find that we're bright enoungh for the head?
        Mark
        USCG OUPV
        1990 4588
        Carlsbad, CA

Comment

WOW!

Ok that is a bit freaky!! Gonna check mine! Luckily our main salon has been converted to modern puck lights but galley and staterooms are the old square ones. Thanks for the heads up!!!
          ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

Comment

I haven''t purchased the LED's yet. There are some other threads on the subject where people are getting them from China for very reasonable prices.

Comment

I just changed out out all of our lights to LEDs and here the cost here seemed to be about 49 bucks for two bulbs. I got 10 bulbs from eBay freight prepaid to my door for 49 bucks. 100 bucks replaced every bulb on the boat. Light quality is not quite as warm, but acceptable.

Steve

Comment

Glad to report that I checked a few fixtures today on our 4550 and no burn marks underneath any of them but sure am glad I checked!
                ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

Comment

Working...
                X