Anyone know of anyone parting out a 45xx anywhere?-gctid378277

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know of anyone parting out a 45xx anywhere?-gctid378277

We have need for a few non-typical parts that we are having trouble finding. Cost to fabricate new is high so just reaching out to see if anyone knows of anyone parting out a 45xx anywhere? We have need for a bowrail assembly, all or in part, venturi shield for the flybridge, and the base for the davit, i.e. the tube that the davit pipe rests in. The bowrail assembly would be particularly helpful.:arr
    ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

On your trips to florida, have you ever been to Bob's Boat Salvage? I replaced most of my bow rail with parts i found there. They have hundreds of bow rails for a good price!

Takes a little searching in the hot sun but i'll bet you can assemble one with what they have.

Ed

Comment

Ed,

Where in FL are they? Do you have a web address or contact #? I tried google and can't seem to find them?

Comment

Its Tony, right? You visit your dad on treasure island? Im the guy with the 4550 you see at the bridge!

Im sorry, it's "Dons Marine Salvage". Their number is 727-576-8577

They are just off 49th street north, in i guess, Clearwater.

They are usually not too "phone friendy". I mean they are nice people, but things are not catagorized and they cant just look them up. They have like 20 plus acres of boats, giant buildings, trailers, full of everything you can think of. Its like a 20 acre boat flea market!

I would look for you but i dont know when i will be there next, but if i beat you there, i will let you know.

Ed

Comment

Hey Ed! Yes- that is me and next time I am down I am going to check out your work on your 45! We were actually down in April but didn't have time to reach out and come say hi but she looks good from the road! :arr

Wow- I didn't know they had a place like that in clearwater. I should have posted this a while ago. I will call them- may be worth my time to fly down for a weekend to check it out and see what they have and say hello to the beach again. When you say you replaced your bowrail with stuff from there did you find a rail off a 45 or just something you could make work? Also, did you replace your stanchons? Were they thru bolted requiring you to access them from inside the boat?

Comment

Woodsong wrote:
            Hey Ed! Yes- that is me and next time I am down I am going to check out your work on your 45! We were actually down in April but didn't have time to reach out and come say hi but she looks good from the road! :arr

Wow- I didn't know they had a place like that in clearwater. I should have posted this a while ago. I will call them- may be worth my time to fly down for a weekend to check it out and see what they have and say hello to the beach again. When you say you replaced your bowrail with stuff from there did you find a rail off a 45 or just something you could make work? Also, did you replace your stanchons? Were they thru bolted requiring you to access them from inside the boat?
            Hey! I found some similar bow rails and used the pieces. almost every rail had to be replaced, it was all bent up. The stanchons were not thru bolted. That was 2 years ago, but they now have even (more) bow rails on the lot!

I was supposed to go there twice in the last 2 weeks, but my friends went instead. I will try to make it there in the next week or so and look around for you, maybe even take some pictures to show you!

Comment

Working...
            X