3288 wall paper joint solution-gctid377117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3288 wall paper joint solution-gctid377117

I just finished a project I have been meaning to do for quite some time and overall I am very pleased with the results. I love our 3288 and always enjoy trying to improve and update her looks when possible. One of the things that has always bothered me is the folded wall paper used to cover the joints on the wall paper along the head wall and the forward bulkhead. Over the weekend I pulled the folds off and replaced with a single piece of teak strip that is approximately 1 1/2 inches wide and 1/4" thick. The only tricky part was sanding it to remove some of the thickness so that the hanging locker door in the v-berth could shut properly. The color match is close and with the teak and holly floors I laid, it has a nice finished touch. I used a small bead of 4200 to adhere to the walls and the width was wide enough to cover some of the over zealousness of the glue that originally was done with the folded strips.

Trev

Sounds like some nice detail work. I am hoping I get more time for that sort of stuff this year.

Comment

RAVEN SONG wrote:
      I just finished a project I have been meaning to do for quite some time and overall I am very pleased with the results. I love our 3288 and always enjoy trying to improve and update her looks when possible. One of the things that has always bothered me is the folded wall paper used to cover the joints on the wall paper along the head wall and the forward bulkhead. Over the weekend I pulled the folds off and replaced with a single piece of teak strip that is approximately 1 1/2 inches wide and 1/4" thick. The only tricky part was sanding it to remove some of the thickness so that the hanging locker door in the v-berth could shut properly. The color match is close and with the teak and holly floors I laid, it has a nice finished touch. I used a small bead of 4200 to adhere to the walls and the width was wide enough to cover some of the over zealousness of the glue that originally was done with the folded strips.

Trev
      Got a picture? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X