Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round Salon Lights Bayliner 3270-gctid375418

Hello to everyone from North Vancouver, BC

Wonder if I can get some help; Our 3270 cabin and salon have those circular light fixtures (maybe 6-8" in diameter) that your turn one way for a low light level and another direction for a brighter light level. Problem is for the life of me I cannot figuire out how to remove the lens for cleaning and bulb replacement.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

They twist and then drop out. Can't remember just exactly but maybe it was twist them the opposite direction nd then pull the lens down. IF not twist the other way.

Jim
    1988 3270 With 135 Hinos

Comment

Use the palm of your hand and press the plastic fixture and gently turn counterclockwise. First click is low light and second click is removal
      James
      Kai Nani, Redondo Beach, CA
      1989 MY 3288
      Hino 150hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

Comment

IslandHop wrote:
        Use the palm of your hand and press the plastic fixture and gently turn counterclockwise. First click is low light and second click is removal
        I have to state the obvious and by that he means press up while you turn them.

Comment

Haha. That's what I meant
          James
          1989 MY 3288

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the great advice ..... worked flawlessly! lenses off, cleaned and new LED's in place.

Cheers

Comment

Which LED's did you use in place of the original bulb?

Frank
              "Safe Boating is No Accident"
              Everett Sail and Power Squadron

Comment

Check out my post in completed projects "Changed to LEDs without changing fixture." I used the same led panels in the round lights too. I did not use the adhesive backing. I just wedged then in place. I only used 1 so I have basically High Beam only if that makes sense
                James
                1989 MY 3288

Comment

You can buy the 32mm and 42 - 44mm festoon bulbs in led off ebay. Don't get the blue as they are very harsh.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Xenon-White-1...item19cee2c87e

This is just an example...there are a number of types and suppliers. I used the 12 smd ones and they are very bright.

Comment

Working...
                  X