X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hino 175 heat exchanger-gctid340433

Hi,

Aussie Al here,

It's looking like I need to replace the heat exchanged core in the Starboard engine on my 3870. I've already blocked off a couple of the tubes in it and it's losing the water out the exhaust again so I'm guessing it's time to replace it. Can anyone put me onto someone who may have/make these?

Regards,

Allen

Aussie Al wrote:
    Hi,

Aussie Al here,

It's looking like I need to replace the heat exchanged core in the Starboard engine on my 3870. I've already blocked off a couple of the tubes in it and it's losing the water out the exhaust again so I'm guessing it's time to replace it. Can anyone put me onto someone who may have/make these?

Regards,

Allen
    Thee was a very recent thread that showed a firm having the cores for about $1000 each.
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Twin engines are like a pair of shoes. What happens to one most likely will happen to the other shortly.
      Started boating 1955
      Number of boats owned 32
      Bayliners
      3870 presently owned
      Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

HI aussie Al

I saw this the other day and this seems like areally good price.

http://www.mrcool.us/164051030-hino-...changer-1.html

Hugh
        Hugh
        1990 3888
        Hino 175 Diesels

Comment

Hi Guys and thanks for the quick response BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!, it looks like it's all about to turn to crap for the start of the New Year. Just replaced the heat risers with 2 new ones and done 2 trips in the boat and on stopping at one anchorage we went to set off in the morning and one engine wouldn't wind over. After removing the injectors I found water in 5 cylinders and the fresh water gone, I'm guessing the heat exchanger has decided to corrode through into the exhaust and simply fill the engine. Anyone struck this before????, going to pull the heat exchanger off tomorrow for a finale fill and check on the bench, feel free to through any suggestions at me, other than sell it and buy a new boat.

Regards,

Allen

Comment

Working...
          X