3288 cockpit drain-gctid375059

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3288 cockpit drain-gctid375059

Hi everybody.....I am new to the site and was wondering if anybody has any info on where to get a new cockpit floor drain for a 95 3288.I managed to find one at a hardware store that I had to modify to fit for the time being but would love to find some like the original.Thanks for any help.

Gypsy

Welcome to BOC.

You should mention where you are; you'll get better advice.

Comment

If you are talking about the drains (scuppers) in each corner, you can get them alot of places. I just order two new ones from Jamestown distributers online. This is not something you need to get the "original ones for". I get alot marine parts from them.

Comment

gypsy201 wrote:
        Hi everybody.....I am new to the site and was wondering if anybody has any info on where to get a new cockpit floor drain for a 95 3288.I managed to find one at a hardware store that I had to modify to fit for the time being but would love to find some like the original.Thanks for any help.

Gypsy
        Search and you'll find a pretty good thread with photos. I'm guessing what Scott ordered at Jamestown is better than at Home Depot , but it is basically a shower drain. I got the parts as mentioned in the referenced thread at the local Home Depot.

Comment

Boater's Discont in La Conner, Wa. Got them there last year. Only place I found that had them with the flat or flush drain cover. 360 466 3540.

Jim
          1988 3270 With 135 Hinos

Comment

Thanks for the replies!!!

I did use a shower drain for now and had to grind the plastic down to fit.I will follow up on some of the info you guys provided.

Fyi:We are Near nanaimo,had an old 2755 then a (98) 2655 and finally this (95) 3288 and love it!!!!!

Comment

I bought two of these for my boat. Perfect fit and best price I could find:

http://mobilehomepartsstore.com/Merc...Category_Code=

You will need to re-use the downpipe from your old drain. The thick rubber gasket that was included can not be used, but you will seal with an appropriate sealer. I used 3M 4200.

Comment

Kåre L wrote:

You will need to re-use the downpipe from your old drain. The thick rubber gasket that was included can not be used, but you will seal with an appropriate sealer. I used 3M 4200.
                Thanks for the info. I just bought 2 for a grand total of $20.78
                James
                Kai Nani, Redondo Beach, CA
                1989 MY 3288
                Hino 150hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

Comment

Kåre L wrote:

Just as an FYI to Canadian buyers - while the parts themselves may be $7 each from this place, they want $28.28 to ship them - keeping in mind you'll get another $30 "brokerage" charge from UPS. I did ask them if they could simply mail them to me - they declined.

so - if anyone has a Canadian source for these (or something similar), I'd love to hear about it!

Comment

IslandHop wrote:
                    Thanks for the info. I just bought 2 for a grand total of $20.78
                    Those are chrome so they may not last as long. I bought a stainless steel sink drain at home depot for $6. I replaced the port side and it was very difficult to tighten. Hard to reach in there.

Comment

Nikko wrote:
                      Just as an FYI to Canadian buyers - while the parts themselves may be $7 each from this place, they want $28.28 to ship them - keeping in mind you'll get another $30 "brokerage" charge from UPS. I did ask them if they could simply mail them to me - they declined.

so - if anyone has a Canadian source for these (or something similar), I'd love to hear about it!
                      Have your stuff shipped to Point Roberts. There is a shipping company there that lets Canadians do that and charges a few bucks.

Or date an American.

The Canadian girls I date ship stuff to my house. I just have to make sure the right person gets the package if they send it in my name. Had a few close calls. :90.gif

Comment

green650 wrote:
                        Those are chrome so they may not last as long. I bought a stainless steel sink drain at home depot for $6. I replaced the port side and it was very difficult to tighten. Hard to reach in there.
                        Nope, the ad is misleading. They are indeed stainless.

Comment

Working...
                        X