Woohooo happy dancing-gctid374273

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohooo happy dancing-gctid374273

woohoo, after pulling our baby out on Thursday and busting our butts and killing arms, backs and heads... SHE IS BACK IN THE WATER... I bought a bottle of Champagne and did the de-naming ceramony and then.. we renamed and Christianed her our new name.. I didnt think I could whack the bottle over the anchor hard enough to break it.. BUT first whack and KAPOW she broke and the guy in the marine lift lowered her back in the water.. oh yaaaaaa... she is shiny and smooooooooooooth again.. looks brand new off the showroom shine 2 coats of buffed waxed... we will pay for it tomorrow morning.. here is a pic of the props we fixed back to new looking, we had to re-do the trim tabs and the acuators and remount them all and fix the bolt mounts for them.. the rudders were cleaned and rebuffed shiny new Brand new coating on the under hull and buffed and double shine waxed.. the reflection on the black is the ground, our bottom is so shiney..lol

Very Nice we are coveting as we text.

Hehe sorry. Looks great good job.

Comment

She looks great! Belies her age...
      Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ
      |
      Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
      2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
      2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
      2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
      2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
      And 12 others...
      In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

jeffw wrote:
        She looks great! Belies her age...
        yup she looks great.. and the "bayliner" decals on the sides got rubbed off in places from the P.O.. so I hand painted them back in and they look showroom made.. even the capt couldnt tell.. lol

ok.. the old P.O had a horrible name on it, many letters... how do I get the gunk of the old lettering off without ruining the new wax job>>>>??? anyone ever remove the old decal stinky crap?

Comment

Heat gun and scraper for the decal material, Goof-Off! for the sticky residue. You will have to re-wax though...
          Lake Havasu City, AZ
          |
          And 12 others...

Comment

jeffw wrote:
            Heat gun and scraper for the decal material, Goof-Off! for the sticky residue. You will have to re-wax though...
            we did the heat with a mega hair dryer and the scraper.. still left goop on it.. you can see the outline of the old lettering. we even tried that Mister Clean spongy thingy "eraser".. no go.. would Goo-B-Gone work?? I know we would need to rewax...

Comment

I tried that stuff, didn't work as well as Goff-off. You could also try acetone, and I think someone mentioned WD-40... But if you have goo-gone, what the hell, try it!
              Lake Havasu City, AZ
              |
              And 12 others...

Comment

jeffw wrote:
                I tried that stuff, didn't work as well as Goff-off. You could also try acetone, and I think someone mentioned WD-40... But if you have goo-gone, what the hell, try it!
                cool.. we still have part of a gallon left from our dry docking.. I will try that and see if the goop comes off.. its on the stern of the boat and a smaller area to re-wax and fix..

Comment

she looks great! I know the soreness feeling, I am restoring my 38 and am very sore.. I painted the engines, changed oil and filters, cleaned the bilge, polished and waxed, I am now in the process of varnishing the outside and re-doing the inside wood.. After that I am replacing the carpet with a Berber and replacing the curtains with honeycomb shades.. Very tired and sore but all worth it.. Anyway, your boat looks beautiful and thanks for the pics!

Comment

FishingFool wrote:
                    she looks great! I know the soreness feeling, I am restoring my 38 and am very sore.. I painted the engines, changed oil and filters, cleaned the bilge, polished and waxed, I am now in the process of varnishing the outside and re-doing the inside wood.. After that I am replacing the carpet with a Berber and replacing the curtains with honeycomb shades.. Very tired and sore but all worth it.. Anyway, your boat looks beautiful and thanks for the pics!
                    I am doing the samething with ours.. re-finishing the outside teak and rails and then tacking the curtains and carpet.. but thats dead last.. I finally found who sells the roller ball curtain hooks, now just need to find nice thermal curtains that we like that matches everything else. I like how Berber carpet keeps its youth and stains come out easier. We plan on going out this weekend and then comes the tackling the outside with the palm sander.. Sure glad I had Alnure releases in both elbows, or I would be crying.

Comment

She looks great.

I removed all my letters & striping using a heat gun, not a dryer, and slowing pulling them off. The glue came with the material. I used acetone to remove any glue residue, but the acetone makes the glue very gummy and hard to deal with, but it does get it off completely.

Comment

EZ off oven cleaner!
                        Ernie
                        1986 3270
                        Volvo 305s

MMSI 338130047
                        Lake Michigan

Comment

Working...
                        X