coolant bolt stripped.-gctid373609

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coolant bolt stripped.-gctid373609

Hey there...well, I have a habit of breaking stuff while trying to fix it. This year is no different. I managed to change coolant in my 150 hino on the starboard side with no problem. The bolt came out the coolant drained from the pipe. No some much with the port side. Can not get the bolt out and managed to round the head. Think I will have to drill it out. But in the meantime is there any way I can coolant out by other means? Is there another access point? Can I suction pump it? I Do have hoses running to the water heater from that engine. I am sure if i work at I can break something else!

Penetrating oil and big pair of Vice Grips. If that doesnt work the housing can be removed. WE have all had this experience. On the new plug (2 hex sizes availabe at NHD get the big one) use anti-sieze and don't over tighten this plug has a o-ring seal on the taper

Comment

Bill's spot on. It's brass so easy to round. I could not get the vice grips to work for me, kept slipping off. I was able to hammer a smaller 6 point socket on the plug then was able to rachet it off. All else fails remove the alternator backet. Note you may need a new gasket and or o-ring if you have to remove the bracket
      1997 3788/Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M2s (Sold)
      2003 Silverton 42c/Cummins 480CEs
      2019 Cobia 240 CC
      2006 Boston Whaler 13 Sport
      1985 3270/Hino 135s (Sold)

Vero Beach, Fl.

Comment

Working...
      X