Picture Proof-gctid373296

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Proof-gctid373296

ok ok ok.. here is proof of some pictures of the pull-out for dry docking our baby 3888..

we got almost 90% of the first coat of bottom paint on her, then the weather Gods got evil and the sky opened up with down pours and winds.. so, we had to stop and retreated inside for lunch on blocks..lol we will head back tomorrow and finish it and put up tarps on the rear to keep us dry and be able to finish the props, rudder and trim tabs we polished up..

Comment

That is one nice looking boat !

Comment

Your bottom was really clean When was the last time you had her pulled and cleaned the bottom?

Comment

billsguns wrote:
          Your bottom was really clean When was the last time you had her pulled and cleaned the bottom?
          sadly over a year ago.. we just bought this.. the last P.O neglected it and we have been working hard getting it in shape. We figured it was time since the Capt is home for a little while from work and we could pull it and change zincs and check everything.. plus he wants new "guy toys" installed. The Marine Lift guy did a great job power washing it off.

Comment

billsguns wrote:
            +1---I thought the same thing------not bad looking from the pictures.

Maybe a closeup would show more.

Got any pictures of the gear when it came out?

Comment

Bottom looked normal when hauled. Boat looks very good, maybe except the forward blue fender storage. Are you hauling at Auke bay or elsewhere? Snow in background is a nice touch. Check spacing of props between sides of prop tunnel. It is easy to get a stick between one side of tunnel and prop and bend struts on the 38s. I did it twice on our 38. Had to remove strut and have it straightened each time. Also look for dings next to props in tunnels from debris. Not a big deal but Bayliner sealed my strut bolts/nuts with tons of fiberglass resin accidentally dripped in place.
              Started boating 1965
              Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

mmichellich wrote:
                Bottom looked normal when hauled. Boat looks very good, maybe except the forward blue fender storage. Are you hauling at Auke bay or elsewhere? Snow in background is a nice touch. Check spacing of props between sides of prop tunnel. It is easy to get a stick between one side of tunnel and prop and bend struts on the 38s. I did it twice on our 38. Had to remove strut and have it straightened each time. Also look for dings next to props in tunnels from debris. Not a big deal but Bayliner sealed my strut bolts/nuts with tons of fiberglass resin accidentally dripped in place.
                the blue fender is on the windless cause we pull in our stall bow first , (I bought brand new Black fenders for the Capt). its so people dont whack their heads on it.. BUT trust me.. doesnt work ((owie)) there is an issue from the P.O with the spacing and some fiberglass they did.. we are repairing it today with a pro.. we took off the trim tabs and scraped crap off them and the area where they were mounted is being rebuilt better since thats a bayliner orignal thin area to boot. We are shining up every nut, bolt and screw.. The :arr is getting a new Transducer put in today and the toys along with it.. yes the Starboard Prop is where the issue was with the last P.O.. so its being fixed right.. we wont risk anything under there where he had a hand in it.. we arent in Auke Bay, we are in town.. Thats Mount Jumbo behind in the snow.. still covered here in the upper areas.. nadda in town... we have only had this since June of last year and its come a long way since.. sunk plenty of :greedy_dollars: into it too..

the P.O abused this poor thing, which is ashame to do.. but she is in a better place and we are enjoying her. we hope this summer we can take a long trip with her when the boys get out of school end of next month, maybe even tag along with the Capt when he travels for work, take her with to live on while he works, we can play.. lol woohoo FISH ON.. already have the dog primed for it.. the kitties arent too sure yet.. but they like the bird zooming by..

Comment

RinnyBeth wrote:
                  the blue fender is on the windless cause we pull in our stall bow first , (I bought brand new Black fenders for the Capt). its so people dont whack their heads on it.. BUT trust me.. doesnt work ((owie)) there is an issue from the P.O with the spacing and some fiberglass they did.. we are repairing it today with a pro.. we took off the trim tabs and scraped crap off them and the area where they were mounted is being rebuilt better since thats a bayliner orignal thin area to boot. We are shining up every nut, bolt and screw.. The :arr is getting a new Transducer put in today and the toys along with it.. yes the Starboard Prop is where the issue was with the last P.O.. so its being fixed right.. we wont risk anything under there where he had a hand in it.. we arent in Auke Bay, we are in town.. Thats Mount Jumbo behind in the snow.. still covered here in the upper areas.. nadda in town... we have only had this since June of last year and its come a long way since.. sunk plenty of :greedy_dollars: into it too..

the P.O abused this poor thing, which is ashame to do.. but she is in a better place and we are enjoying her. we hope this summer we can take a long trip with her when the boys get out of school end of next month, maybe even tag along with the Capt when he travels for work, take her with to live on while he works, we can play.. lol woohoo FISH ON.. already have the dog primed for it.. the kitties arent too sure yet.. but they like the bird zooming by..
                  On our boats including the 38, I had a great big ugly fender I found. Slit it down the side so it fits over the end of pulpit and arms of our Danforth anchor. No air but some cushion for stray heads. Also seen folks use an old vest style life jacket for head cushion.
                  Started boating 1965
                  Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

mmichellich wrote:
                    On our boats including the 38, I had a great big ugly fender I found. Slit it down the side so it fits over the end of pulpit and arms of our Danforth anchor. No air but some cushion for stray heads. Also seen folks use an old vest style life jacket for head cushion.
                    yeah even if it had full bubble wrap and anything else around it, my head would find it.. I have many dinks in my skull from whacking it, including a crack 4yrs ago.. I need a helmet for sure.. and some would say a short bus along with it..lol..

well off to finish tinkering with the boat.. rainy and nasty.. so cant finish painting today unless the rains :livid: quit. We can at least tarp the swimstep down to keep that area drier for the fiberglassing things and remounting the props and trim tabs..they are shined up nicely.

Comment

Working...
                    X