3587 - Access point to through hull vent-gctid372709

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3587 - Access point to through hull vent-gctid372709

I have a pretty corroded through hull vent on starbaord side of hull below the rub rail. I think its for either the holding tank or fuel tank. I don't think its blocked (yet) but cosmetically looks like heck and want to change it out. It passes the hull somewhere around forward head and lower helm and in spite of some dismantling have not yet succeeded in finding the access point inboard to remove & change it. Has anybody with a 3587/4087 had to do this and able to advise how they got at it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob

1997 3587 aftcabin MY

If its looking nasty its probably forward holding tank. Fuel vent is below filler cap on the walk around. Others you have there are guest sink drain and forward bilge. If you have a photo of offending thru hull post it. If its nearest bow in the row of 4 think its holding.

It will be behind the hot water tank, or in that vicinity, very tricky to get to. Easy to check, just fire up your pump over switch on the DC panel, or put some water through the sink. But if its not blocked, don't mess with it, unless its in really bad shape.

Machog
    1996 4087 Lazy Days
    2011 11’ West Marine Rib 350 Lazy Mac
    2011 Porsche Cayman
    2010 Lexus IS 250C
    2008 Honda Ridgeline

Comment

Had the same problem, Bob- the forward head vent was blocked and I had to unclog it.

Best (and I think only) way to get to it:

next to the lower hem is the battery switch cabinet. Secure your 12v power and remove the panel. You'll see the vent line and thru hull.

If you don't have monkey arms, find somebody with long long arms to reach the vent.

Comment

I think you are talking about the air vent for the holding tank. its just below the rub rail, about the same point on the hull as the deck pump out for the holding tank.

And If I'm right, you will need to access that vent from the forward head. I'have had it all apart once to install heating water lines. You've got at least 2 pannels that can come out. Both cabinets in the vanity, one upper with the mirror and the lower cabinet can be removed for access behind.

mine is corroded over too. Can totally understand why but it is.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Pete is correct. It turns out that the access is behind the battery isolator switches in the cabinet situated by the lower helm. Got it changed out today, so one more pen stroke through items on the "to do " list. Cheers!

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X