Pulling our Baby-gctid371989

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling our Baby-gctid371989

well, we are doing it..:worth gonna pull our boat this week to clean:greedy_dollars:, paint:greedy_dollars: and change zinc's:greedy_dollars:.. and see the under side if any issues are there. We are making our shopping list of items we will need for it. I will be the Admiral :arrin charge to keep everyone happy and fed during its dry docking event. We hope to get everything done within a 3-4 day window we have planned. Its going to be weird to see our 3888 up on blocks and not in the water, its no small dingy.. I will be taking pictures of her pulling into the lift and them hoisting her up.. is there anything else we should look for while out of the water and on blocks???

Check the swim grid stanchions and re-bed the screws if required. (yes screws instead of bolts were used). Sand the props smooth. Check all thru-hulls. Apply paint and wax and wonder what you will be doing for the extra 2 to 3 days.
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

I'm always amazed how much bigger our 32 looks on blocks......and how small it feels in 3' seas.

Comment

Uncle Bob wrote:
        Check the swim grid stanchions and re-bed the screws if required. (yes screws instead of bolts were used). Sand the props smooth. Check all thru-hulls. Apply paint and wax and wonder what you will be doing for the extra 2 to 3 days.
        yes we are gonna aim from bow to stern and go over with a fine toothed comb checking every nut, bolt and screw.. checking swimstep fixtures, props and trimtabs and all running gear

Comment

OK let the fun begin... tomorrow is dry dock day.. the Capt and I got 99% of the items we needed yesterday for cleaning the hull and he will grab the paint and zinc's tomorrow morning prior to them lifting it out. We have 2 extra adults to help us with the taping it for painting and cleaning it.... got the local pizza dude on speed dial.. tonight we washed the haze off the hull prepping it and changed the fuel vents..

Comment

Take a peak at the transom from the inside, any rust stains around bolts and trim tab penetrations and it will need to be re sealed.
            Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
            Twin 350 GM power
            Located in Seward, AK
            Retired marine surveyor

Comment

R&Jonthebay wrote:
              I'm always amazed how much bigger our 32 looks on blocks......and how small it feels in 3' seas.
              Every boat looks much bigger out of the water. Somehow that same boat shrinks when the hull hits the water.
              Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
              West River Yacht & Cruising Club
              www.wrycc.com

Comment

boatworkfl wrote:
                Take a peak at the transom from the inside, any rust stains around bolts and trim tab penetrations and it will need to be re sealed.
                yes we planned on checking anything that looks like rusty bolts, since we know the P.O was a professional idiot with a masters degree in stupiditity. The supply store is only one block from the pull out drydock.. so I can get things fast for the :arr. That hull wash the dude 4 boats over from us told us to buy was SUPER stuff.. washed all the stains out and got everything from the waterline UP off the boat... smelled evil, but worked :worthgreat is all we cared.. lol its called ON/OFF.. not cheap for a gallon, but got years of haze and stains off the hull..

Comment

As Uncle Bob says check all thru hulls - especially the valves/handles to make sure they turn without any problem.

Darby

Comment

Working...
                  X