4550 Onan 12.5KW Start-Run-Stop Switch Needed for Panel-gctid368111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4550 Onan 12.5KW Start-Run-Stop Switch Needed for Panel-gctid368111

So as my friends were boat sitting a while back, upon my return to the boat I found the generator start - run - stop selector knob sitting on my PH dash. No one mentioned that they might have broken it off at the shaft and the panel face. This really sounds more like something my kids would have done Years ago (without telling me of course).:surr Has anyone found a decent drop in replacement? I am looking up Kraus & Naimer, but it i am no expert when it comes to components such as these switches. Obviously keeping as close of a match to the original would be great.

Thanks in advance.

KeysKen wrote:
    So as my friends were boat sitting a while back, upon my return to the boat I found the generator start - run - stop selector knob sitting on my PH dash. No one mentioned that they might have broken it off at the shaft and the panel face. This really sounds more like something my kids would have done Years ago (without telling me of course).:surr Has anyone found a decent drop in replacement? I am looking up Kraus & Naimer, but it i am no expert when it comes to components such as these switches. Obviously keeping as close of a match to the original would be great.

Thanks in advance.
    If I remember correctly the Onan MDJ series of generators use three wires. CommonStart to start, Common-stop to stop, and open to run.

You can use any switch that is a SPDT momentary for this application.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
    https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

AS you can see from a previous post I may well be replacing my110V AC Panel. If so, (I'll know more within the next few days) I'll have the knob you need and get back to you.

Darby

Comment

KeysKen wrote:

Thanks in advance.
        You just need the "knob" right?

I got mine from McMaster-Carr. Their link is below. Its only a few dollars or so. I got new window knobs for the sallon windows from them too!

They have everything! I think I got #7 or #12 for my genny.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-com...-knobs/=h0dx3w

Hope this helps!

Comment

Sorry for not clearly communicating that it is the switch itself I am searching for. The shaft is broken off flush at the panel.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X