Where to get PVC glue (for Weaver Davits) in Vancouver?-gctid367329

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get PVC glue (for Weaver Davits) in Vancouver?-gctid367329

Popped down to West Marine to buy glue so I could attach Weaver davits to a West Marine PVC inflatable and was told that they only sell repair kits now - apparently the larger quantities are not allowed across the border. So I popped over to Steveston Marine - same thing - "no glue for you"

Anyone have any ideas on where in Vancouver (area) to get enough (correct) PVC cement to glue my davits on?

If all else fails, maybe from Weaver. http://www.weaverindustries.com/inde...ue---8-oz.html
    Started boating 1955
    Number of boats owned 32
    Bayliners
    3870 presently owned
    Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Home Depot or a plumbing supply store? I'm sure you'd need to know what type you needed before going, but they have a few choices to pick from.

If one would work, I bet their can is a lot cheaper than Marine Store XYZ.
      Geoff & Jen
      Shocking Lesson
      1986 3870
      Hino 175's

Comment

River Marine, the only place you'll find it!
        Mike P
        The Bahamas
        Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

Shocking wrote:
          Home Depot or a plumbing supply store? I'm sure you'd need to know what type you needed before going, but they have a few choices to pick from.

If one would work, I bet their can is a lot cheaper than Marine Store XYZ.
          I tried that once. It didn't work.
          Started boating 1955
          Number of boats owned 32
          Bayliners
          3870 presently owned
          Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

First of all I would nor recommend HD glue, contact cement, for a Weaver Davit sys. It just won't work well enough.

Defender Marine Supply is an excellent place to order from. You want two part cement. Mix it according to the instructions on the container and you will not have an issue. PVC cement can also be hurried in the first application with a heat gun on low or a hair dryer. It really does need to be non tacky to the touch for the first application, once the second coat is applied and just tacky you can attach to the dink.

Try Defender, they are very well stocked and will ship the same day if they get your order by 4 pm EST.

Good Luck

Comment

He doesn't need to order...River Marine is in Vancouver, where Nikko lives, and last time I was there, they sold PVC and Hypalon glue in cans with brushes. Could have changed in the last 2 years...but worth checking.
              Mike P
              The Bahamas
              Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

I bought some hypalon glue last summer from River Marine.... (and new wipers this year, etc, etc)

If they don't have it (whatever your boating 'it' is), they do their best to tell you where to go....

1023 Clark Drive

Vancouver
                ----------------------
                Cooper Prowler 12m Sedan
                formerly Bayliner 2050 & 2950 CB

Comment

River marine it is - thanks crew, I'll report back on my success (I hope!)

Comment

Echo River Marine Vancouver. That's where I bought my Titan, and they glued the davit pads on it for me. Good people, good service.

Comment

The type of glue depends on the type of material your dingy is made of, hypalon or a PVC, you do not want to clean the wrong glue off.
                      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                      Twin 350 GM power
                      Located in Seward, AK
                      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

If River Marine doesn't these guys will for certain sincethey sell and install PVC Zodiacs http://gacheckpoint.com/marine/inflatable-boats
                        1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

You could also try Masseys Marine in Ladner

Comment

Uncle Bob wrote:
                            If River Marine doesn't these guys will for certain sincethey sell and install PVC Zodiacs http://gacheckpoint.com/marine/inflatable-boats
                            thanks Uncle Bob - but I won't use those guys, even if they're a last resort (I have a little issue with how they run the marketing side of their business)....

I called River Marine and they have product in stock - hoping to "do a site visit" this afternoon and "maybe" swing by

Comment

Be sure not to apply the glus on a humid day, I know what happens.
                              Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                              Twin 350 GM power
                              Located in Seward, AK
                              Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
                              X