Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cummins oil drain hose-gctid366592

Hello

I'm putting together parts and pieces to put an oil change pump into our 4788.

Does anyone know size of the fitting on the oil drain hose on the Cummins 330 engines?

For the life of me I cant remember and the next time I'm on the boat we'll be taking off for Alaska and won't be able to go buy parts.

Thanks...

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

I have a Reverso with a manifold with 1/2" female NPT on Cummins B.
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Uncle Bob wrote:
      I have a Reverso with a manifold with 1/2" female NPT on Cummins B.
      Very good, Thanks!

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

My 330's have 3/8" MNPT

Ron

Comment

captron3233 wrote:
          My 330's have 3/8" MNPT

Ron
          This is on the hose coming from the engine?

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

Hmmm, my Reverso is 1/2" as stated but I extended my stock hoses and could well have 3/8th on the Cummins end and 1/2" on the Reverso end. I might get a chance to look later today. Edit to say I checked and 1/2" thoughout.

Comment

ksanders wrote:
              This is on the hose coming from the engine?
              Kevin, yes this is the oil drain hose attached to the pan.

Comment

captron3233 wrote:
                Kevin, yes this is the oil drain hose attached to the pan.
                Very good, Thanks!

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

Where are you planning to install the pump? My system was exposed to water dripping down from the cockpit hatches which caused enough corrosion to require me to replace the unit. I ended up locating the pump high on the starboard corner of the transom protected from dripping water. this allows pumping into a 5 gallon jerry can. I also installed ball valves at each engine as well as the valves at the Reverso manifold as protection against possible failure in a fitting or chaffed hose. Don't forget to include your generator. I still refilled my engine by hand to keep from contaminating the fresh oil and to control the volume of oil in each engine.

Comment

Scary wrote:
                    Where are you planning to install the pump? My system was exposed to water dripping down from the cockpit hatches which caused enough corrosion to require me to replace the unit. I ended up locating the pump high on the starboard corner of the transom protected from dripping water. this allows pumping into a 5 gallon jerry can. I also installed ball valves at each engine as well as the valves at the Reverso manifold as protection against possible failure in a fitting or chaffed hose. Don't forget to include your generator. I still refilled my engine by hand to keep from contaminating the fresh oil and to control the volume of oil in each engine.
                    Steve

I decided to let NHD do the work as I'm going to need to get the new oil out of the engines during our trip north. They're mounting it at ther transom I beleive.

Every Bayliner I've had has had an incredible amount corrosion/water get into the compartments below the cockpit. What I've done on several Bayliners to mitigate that is to add weather stripping to the lip of the cockpit deck areas. This is an inexpensive fix that eliminates the water getting in.

KEVIN SANDERS

where are we right now?

Comment

It isn't so large that it won't fit in the engine room. I saw one on the floor stringer behind the stbd engine in a 47. Mine is on an engine room ceiling stringer. If you want, you can plan in the ability to drain the transmissions too.

Comment

Working...
                      X