3818 Pulpit-gctid556048

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3818 Pulpit-gctid556048

I'm helping a friend working on his bow pulpit and cannot get to the nuts under the deck. I have looked through a door in the V birth and also removed the mirror at the head of the bed, but there is a bulkhead with a very small hole. (8"x10"). Any ideas to get to the nuts ?

If you do a search you should find the post on cutting a 4" hole in the forward end of the anchor locker on the deck which will enable you to get to the bolts. Put an access plate on when done. I had to do this two years ago and it works great.
    Sean
    1987 3870
    Crimson Pride II
    Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
    MMSI: 338080226

Comment

Thanks, that's exactly what we had thought. Thanks again

Comment

Make the hole bigger

Comment

Dennis, while you're in the anchor locker you might consider installing an additional drain in the low corner so the water will actually drain.
          Jim Gandee
          1989 3888
          Hino 175's
          Fire Escape
          Fyrflyer@ca.rr.com

Comment

+ 1 on a bigger drain hole.

Had a VERY unpleasant discovery yesterday when I opened the access panel in the main cabin to the chain locker. Full of at least 8" of water (LOTS of rain over the winter here in the PNW.) Ran a wire clothes hanger up the drain hose and cleared the blockage. Drained the water after a few minutes.

Water apparently leaked in from failed seals around base of the locker on the foredeck where our anchor wash down faucet and hose is located. Now have the wonderfully challenging job of drying and cleaning out the mess in the chain locker. Plus installing a new drain in the correct location and replacing the floor of the foredeck locker. Lots of fun. MAKE A BIGGER DRAIN!

Comment

Thanks for the info on the drain. When I looked in the locker it was clean and dry. This is on a friends boat and the reason to remove the pulpit is that there is a black substance that was used to seal it leaving a streak on the deck. The boat is in a covered slip and this never happened while washing, but they were out for three days and it rained most of the time and that's when it was leaving the streaks.

Comment

I'm getting ready to do this mod. The marina I just moved to flipped out over the length of my boat. By the way, Harbor Freight has a nice selection of hole saws.

Comment

Working...
                X