Fire at Squilcum Harbor-gctid365751

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire at Squilcum Harbor-gctid365751

There is a fire burning in the covered area/boat houses off G Dock near Gate 3 in Squalicum Harbor in Bellingham, WA. If you have a boat in the immediate area you need to check on this. Good luck! KIRO News is covering it by helicopter.

That's awful, probably another electrically based fire, they mostly are. Been thinking about upgrading my power cord to the new safer ones.

Machog
    1996 4087 Lazy Days
    2011 11’ West Marine Rib 350 Lazy Mac
    2011 Porsche Cayman
    2010 Lexus IS 250C
    2008 Honda Ridgeline

Comment

Been reported that 12 boats are burned thus far, and a liveaboard couple is MIA......not good.

Comment

That looks really bad!!

Comment

I hope they find the couple missing, hopefully they went out and were not on their boat.

Comment

Just read the news on this. Man, that sounds horrible. Sounds like the boathouse caught fire and collapsed, perhaps trapping the live aboards inside the boat. That is a risk of covered berthing that had never even entered my mind.

Comment

They're sure the couple went down with their boat. One of my co-workers knew them. The reports are that the woman was the one who called 911 to report the fire and there was fire and smoke in their boat. It was an aft cabin trawler and the folks down at the marina say they were trapped back there because it didn't have any exit except the one through the cabin. Something to keep in mind if you ever buy an aft cabin boat....can you get out?

Comment

Working...
              X