Just Curious-gctid365335

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Curious-gctid365335

Bayliner MotorYachts seem to be extremely popular up North, both coast. I'm down on the Texas Gulf coast and mine is the only one I've seen down here. I wonder why that is??

Texas ?

Comment

Corpus Christi

Comment

Its a regional and shipping thing.

For example Hatteras, and Bertram are very popular on the east coast.

Very few are in the PACNW.

You'll see them but not in near the numbers as more local brands.

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
        www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Don't know why they are not in Texas but there are 3 other Bayliner 38xx in the Marina here in Gautier,MS besides mine.

Comment

Cool Sharkbait. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow to see my folks in Wiggins, MS! I lived in Longbeach for 15 years.

Comment

Pappy wrote:
              Bayliner MotorYachts seem to be extremely popular up North, both coast. I'm down on the Texas Gulf coast and mine is the only one I've seen down here. I wonder why that is??
              The hull doesn't mind cooler salt water, but if exposed to warmer salt water for any amount of time, espicially one with a red tide from time to time, it will begin to crumble. It will get like dust and one day, it will be gone.:hypnotysed:

Comment

Hull to dust in warm salt water? It is almost impossible to respond to that without being disrespectful. Anyone else support that comment?
                1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Uncle Bob wrote:
                  Hull to dust in warm salt water? It is almost impossible to respond to that without being disrespectful. Anyone else support that comment?
                  Everybody knows that Bayliners fall apart in the warmer lattitudes.

Thats why they are only popular in the PACNW.

I had a friends uncles cousin that had a bayliner literally crumble before his eyes when he took it to Florida.

It was so sad.

KEVIN SANDERS
                  4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
                  www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Saintjon wrote:
                    The hull doesn't mind cooler salt water, but if exposed to warmer salt water for any amount of time, espicially one with a red tide from time to time, it will begin to crumble. It will get like dust and one day, it will be gone.:hypnotysed:
                    Ahh.... okay :right

Comment

Pappy wrote:
                      I'm just a little north of you in Clear Lake / Galveston Bay with a 2001 4087. There's at least 3 other Bayliners on Clear Lake that I know of.

She's for sale, by the way, in case you'd like to move up to a bigger boat

http://yachtsforu.com/40-bayliner-fo...g-little-boat/
                      Evan
                      2001 Bayliner 4788 "Fifty / Fifty II"
                      League City, TX

Comment

Thanks for the offer Evan, but just had this one for six months. And as much as I hate to admit it, with gas prices, my next boat will probably have sails!

Comment

Saintjon wrote:
                          it's not april fools day yet,,hope some guy from saskatchewan doesn't take that as the gospel truth...
                          84-38,,86-38,,89-45,,97-47,,99-47,,01-47,,05-540,, 04-411 meridian and 11 others,, all gone ,,now 04 -490 ,,sidney,,vancouver island.

Comment

Uncle Bob wrote:
                            No, but I'll support yours!

Comment

'parently mine started it's life in Florida and then moved to the PNW, and then further north to Canada. Guess it knew it's days were numbered if it stayed south....

(ps - if anyone's heard of a 3270 in Fla. named "God Good Good" - I have your boat )

Comment

Working...
                              X