Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foster
    replied
    I did spring replacements, the right hand items are the zincs from the generator. The item at the top is a paper thin zinc from the generator that was mostly eaten away.

On the left are the two from the transmissions. They were fine last spring during the survey, this year pretty much gone.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/670062=25984-Zinc.jpg[/img]

Leave a comment:

• dyoung
    replied
    mmichellich wrote:
    When Bayliner purchased Hurth transmissions, did the coolers come with the transmissions or were they added during the installation?
    us marine did the marinization of the hino engines,,probally in the old chrysler outboard plant,,the engines came from hino,,the transmissions from hurth,,hurth doesn't make coolers, so they would have come from some other supplier which could have changed over time....hence the zincs or no zincs..

Leave a comment:

• smitty477
    replied
    exToo long a story to post but here are some highlights of the tranny cooler saga:

- early trans coolers were cu not cuni

- most had zincs but a few did not (trans selection)

- many early trans cooler leaked internally before leaking externally

- newer trans coolers with Cu NI last a good deal longer

FWIW - we purchase replacement coolers that are CU NI without zincs for our use in salt water. We plan and expect replacemnet intervals of 7 - 8 years on these coolers. Avoid cu only coolers and use a quality replacements with a zinc or without per your own beliefs.

Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• mmichellich
    replied
    When Bayliner purchased Hurth transmissions, did the coolers come with the transmissions or were they added during the installation?

Leave a comment:

• dyoung
    replied
    well,,my 86-38 didn't have zincs znd i lost a cooler,,so i had some made with zincs,,,my 89-45 didn't have zincs either,so i replaced the coolers before i had a problem,,,so i guess some did and some didn't....would think that most hino boats would have changed the coolers by now..

Leave a comment:

• mmichellich
    replied
    There were zincs in my 89 Bayliner 38 transmission coolers, that I purchased in 89?? Changed them once per year. Did have one cooler fail and purchased a new cooler from Olympic Boats and it also had a zinc. My son worked there and I am sure he got a factory replacement.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Bob
    replied
    Nope, not in the original coolers, maybe in retrofitted coolers as stated a few posts above.

Leave a comment:

• mmichellich
    replied
    See PM.

Leave a comment:

• mmichellich
    replied
    PortHoleDiver wrote:
    Ok, guys a little help. I have been trying to find out... Do the 175HP EH700 Hino's have an internal zinc that is replacable? Also due the Hurth Transmissions have a replacable zinc, and if so where are they? I have read through all my manuals even the engine repair manual and can't find an answer. Earl, somebody please steer me in the right direction.

Thanks

Charles
    None in the Hino engines but you should find one in the transmission coolers.

Leave a comment:

• PortHoleDiver
    replied
    Thanks, they are both original hurth and Hino. So I guess I'm safe.

Leave a comment:

• dyoung
    replied
    hinos do not have zincs,,the only transmission zinc would be in the tx cooler if it has been fitted for one..

Leave a comment:

• boatworkfl
    replied
    Could the hurth zinc actually be in the oil cooler?

Leave a comment:

• PortHoleDiver
    started a topic ZIncs-gctid364818

ZIncs-gctid364818

Ok, guys a little help. I have been trying to find out... Do the 175HP EH700 Hino's have an internal zinc that is replacable? Also due the Hurth Transmissions have a replacable zinc, and if so where are they? I have read through all my manuals even the engine repair manual and can't find an answer. Earl, somebody please steer me in the right direction.

Thanks

Charles
Working...
X