Tachometers for 4550 ?-gctid362125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tachometers for 4550 ?-gctid362125

I never replaced my tachs, 2 years ago when i did a big facelift on the boat. I couldnt get all 4 to work and ended up putting the 2 that worked up on the flybridge

and leaving the 2 that didnt work in the PH.

I think its time to get 4 new ones and i guess i would need 2 senders also?

I dont think I want digital, seem to be expensive.

Any suggestions on where to get them?

thanks

Sloppy2 wrote:
    I never replaced my tachs, 2 years ago when i did a big facelift on the boat. I couldnt get all 4 to work and ended up putting the 2 that worked up on the flybridge

and leaving the 2 that didnt work in the PH.

I think its time to get 4 new ones and i guess i would need 2 senders also?

I dont think I want digital, seem to be expensive.

Any suggestions on where to get them?

thanks
    I bought two Isspro tachs. They are programmable and didn't require new senders. I will look up the part numbers.
    Sean
    1987 3870
    Crimson Pride II
    Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
    MMSI: 338080226

Comment

Sunnydude wrote:
      I bought two Isspro tachs. They are programmable and didn't require new senders. I will look up the part numbers.
      Cool! that would make it easier!

Comment

I sent my Tac back to Faria Instruments and they replaced it using the same face plate. It looks brand new and they only charged $40 + $7 shipping.. i did a bit of research and this option saved at least $30 per tac.. I replaced all my sending units as well and everything works excellent.. I can show you a pic of the tac if you would like... The sending units are not expensive and easy to install. If you would like more info let me know..

Comment

Here's the link to show the tachs. I need to get the numbers off the units as I can't find my email with the part numbers.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...ghlight=isspro
          Sean
          1987 3870
          Crimson Pride II
          Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
          MMSI: 338080226

Comment

Aetna makes some very good digital tachs.Some would say that these are pretty much the standard in the industry.Cost is around $250 each.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/665691=25582-8905tach.gif[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/665691=25581-8402-Btach.gif[/img]

KEVIN SANDERS
            4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
            www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

FishingFool wrote:
              I sent my Tac back to Faria Instruments and they replaced it using the same face plate. It looks brand new and they only charged $40 + $7 shipping.. i did a bit of research and this option saved at least $30 per tac.. I replaced all my sending units as well and everything works excellent.. I can show you a pic of the tac if you would like... The sending units are not expensive and easy to install. If you would like more info let me know..
              They are Faria's and im thinking they look like they are the original tachs. yes, if you have any more info for me, I would appreciate it much!

Comment

Sunnydude wrote:
                Here's the link to show the tachs. I need to get the numbers off the units as I can't find my email with the part numbers.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...ghlight=isspro
                Those look good. Bryan had an idea of me sending them back to Faria but if this doesnt work, i would love to know where you bought the Isspro's as a backup.

I can call them as well.

Thanks much!!!

Comment

[QUOTE]ksanders wrote:
                  Aetna makes some very good digital tachs.

Some would say that these are pretty much the standard in the industry.

Cost is around $250 each.

Yea Kevin, i looked at those, but just too rich for me right now. wish i could! Thanks tho

Comment

Sloppy2 wrote:
                    They are Faria's and im thinking they look like they are the original tachs. yes, if you have any more info for me, I would appreciate it much!
                    They do a great job it takes about 3 weeks to get the tac back.

Gauge Repair https://faria-instruments.com/forms/?form=new

Sending unit: http://www.boatersland.com/90901.html

Comment

So Bryan, i took a look at the faria site and i think i will heve a problem sending them in. The two that dont work are in bad shape and probably havnt worked for many years.

When i move them you can hear all the parts moving around. I mean it sounds like they are full of rocks. That bad!

I went to enter the info on my existing tachs and i cant even find anything close to a match.

Any how i called a few times and finally had to leave a message. I'll see what they have to say when they call me back.

So the rest of the day i spent on the internet doing searches and checking out all the popular boat supply sites. I went in circles all day. Even called Great Lakes Skipper

since they show a 4k rpm, black with white lettering, 3-3/8" diameter, diesel tach for $59. and the sender for $42. Just what I think I need.

They said they are not sure it would work, no refunds and its best if I try Bayliner.

This is why I gave up 2 years ago and just put the 2 that work on the bridge.

Still hoping someone with a 4550 out there has replaced their tachs and will reply! Is it that uncommon?

Otherwise I will see what Faria has to say when they hopefully call me back.

Comment

mine was in pretty bad shape and obsolete as well. i think they replaced the guts with brand new and cleaned/refinished my old face plate... They charge about $40 so I think they expect the worst.. At this point you don't have much to loose by sending them in.. They seem to standby their instruments...

If it turns out they can not or will not replace them you can ask the guy at Faria, I think his name is Dave, which new Tacs are compatible with your Diesels and he will give you a list of model numbers that you can Google and shop around for best price.. Once you get them, install and see if they work.. If they don't Faria only makes 1 version of the diesel sending unit so you would just need to purchase that for $42 and you are up and running..

My boat is an 1985 3870 and they replaced/fixed my 27 year old fly bridge Tac so i would have to think they will fix/replace yours..

Bottom-line is their diesel sending unit should work with any of their diesel Tacs.

good luck and I hope this helps.

Comment

Well that makes me feel better! maybe it will work out. Cant wait to hear back from them.

Thanks for the reply!!!

Comment

FishingFool wrote:
                            They do a great job it takes about 3 weeks to get the tac back.

Gauge Repair https://faria-instruments.com/forms/?form=new

Sending unit: http://www.boatersland.com/90901.html
                            So I called last week on Friday and then again on Monday and left messages with Faria. Did'nt hear back, so today I called and said i need a person now!

Got frank on the phone and he was very helpful!

He told me I needed a tach #32842 that matches my sender #8661

Found them at marinepartssource.com for $69 each!

I decided that time was running out to send the old ones in and have them refurbished, since i lost a week and it will take 3 weeks to re-do them.

Thanks Bryan for the help!!!

Ed

Comment

No problem Ed glad I could help! Happy cruising!

Comment

Working...
                              X