3270 - Sunrise checklist-gctid361746

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3270 - Sunrise checklist-gctid361746

305 fresh water cooled gas engines, Westerbeke Generator, and reverse cycle heat.

Still cold here, but planning to sunrise the boat myself this year to save a few bucks - and I've never done it before. The engines and genny got oil changes before getting winterized by the marina. I don't know if anyone has a decent checklist they could share? This is what I am guessing at...and did I mention I've never done it before.

Motors:

New fuel filters

Attach the impeller hoses

Close the drains on the water jackets

Assemble and close the strainers

Open the thru hulls

Start the engines

Warm 'em up, change the oil and filters

Generator

Open the thru hull and start ? Was going to consider skipping the oil change as it had literally no time on the new oil.

Flush and fill the water tank, check the pump and hot water, open the thru hulls for the reverse cycle and head.

What am I missing? Probably a ton of stuff. Thanks in advance for your help.

iceclimber wrote:
    305 fresh water cooled gas engines, Westerbeke Generator, and reverse cycle heat.

Still cold here, but planning to sunrise the boat myself this year to save a few bucks - and I've never done it before. The engines and genny got oil changes before getting winterized by the marina. I don't know if anyone has a decent checklist they could share? This is what I am guessing at...and did I mention I've never done it before.

Motors:

New fuel filters

Open the thru hulls

Start the engines

Generator

Open the thru hull and start ? Was going to consider skipping the oil change as it had literally no time on the new oil.

Flush and fill the water tank, check the pump and hot water, open the thru hulls for the reverse cycle and head.

Wow on our 47 that sits 7 months untouched, in the spring, I unlock the salon door, find keys and insert them, preheat both engines for a few seconds and fire them up. Quickly get on dock and check out amount of water flowing in exhausts. While those two big boys are running I check their gauges and do the same thing with the gen set. All the spring engine work is done in the fall. That is all an old fart can remember year after year.
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

iceclimber wrote:

Still cold here, but planning to sunrise the boat myself this year to save a few bucks - and I've never done it before. The engines and genny got oil changes before getting winterized by the marina. I don't

know if anyone has a decent checklist they could share? This is what I am guessing at...and did I mention I've never done it before.

Motors:

New fuel filters

Open the thru hulls

Start the engines

Generator

Why do you plan to change oil and filters sine engines have no hours on them since last changed?

Why are you changing the fuel filters?
      Started boating 1965

Comment

There is no reason to change the oil if it was changed in the fall as you should.
        • Verify Hoses and clamps.
        • Inspect all thru hull fittings and seacocks
        • Impellers in place
        • Check all engine fluid levels
        • DRAIN PLUG IN HULL if you have one.
        • Reconnect batteries.
        • Verify water in batteries
        • Bottom paint if needed
        • Verify engines reach proper temperature and pressures
        • Verify proper Wide Open Throttle engine RPMs once on the water
        • Inspect all underwater gear before launch
        • Sanitize fresh water system

Jim McNeely
        New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
        Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
        Brighton, Michigan USA
        MMSI # 367393410

Comment

mmichellich wrote:
          Wow on our 47 that sits 7 months untouched, in the spring, I unlock the salon door, find keys and insert them, preheat both engines for a few seconds and fire them up. Quickly get on dock and check out amount of water flowing in exhausts. While those two big boys are running I check their gauges and do the same thing with the gen set. All the spring engine work is done in the fall. That is all an old fart can remember year after year.
          The first thing on my NEW checklist is to trade boats with you.

On the oil question....hmmm good question. I actually sort of thought to go without the oil change since it literally had 20 minutes of run time on it. This boat had a history of marginal care (that is why I could afford it) and we did had some oil sludge issues. Last season I pumped a couple low hour changes through, and I guess I am just over cautious? Plus I am running the boat 5 hours north to it's new home port. I'll fire it up and see how the oil looks on the stick; if I don't see any moisture I can let it go.

On the fuel filters? Because they cost $3.00 and it makes me feel good.

Comment

What frel filters cost $3 each? I need to find your source.
            Started boating 1965

Comment

Remember it's a gas engine. I found a lot of 20 on Ebay and bought them all.

Comment

Working...
              X