Watermaker in a 32-gctid361580

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watermaker in a 32-gctid361580

I finished installing a watermaker in my 32XX. The parts of my body that isn't covered with scabs is bruised. The first Photo is a panel, that I fabricate from Starboard, to fit in the available space that I mounted all of the components to. The second is the panel in place. The third ts the pump and membrane mounted. The fourth is rhe control panel

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/664560=25504-Watermaker 1.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/664560=25505-Watermaker 2.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/664560=25506-Watermaker 3.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/664560=25507-Watermaker 4.jpg[/img]

Very nice Bill!

Is your boat in the water? How does it work!

We're trying out ours in a week or so, Cant wait!

I'm pretty sure that the watermaker will put a whole new dynamic on your boating pleasure!

Unlimited showers.

If someone accidentially leaves a sink on you're not out of water.

Stay on the hook forever!

The list of benefits goes on and on!

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

ksanders wrote:
      Very nice Bill!

Is your boat in the water? How does it work!

Stay on the hook forever!

The list of benefits goes on and on!
      Our boat is on the hard. The company I bought the watermaker from wants to be there when I turn it on for the first time and go over my instalation. We will will do that in May and yes on the hook till we run out of diesel

Comment

What is the GPH rating and the approximate cost for parts?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Wish I could see a bit more in the picture. Could you post what location you chose to dump the water back into your fresh water tank or did you do that at all?

How does the system know when to quit - does it have a sensor or manual?

Thanks

Comment

The unit is rated for 150 GPD (6.25 GPH) The Water goes into the tank through a Tee that I put in the fill line. Very similar to the photos that Ken Sanders posted of his watermaker. The unit is manual for the shutoff. Photos are almost imposible because of the lack of room in the area where it is located. Total cost was under 5 1/4 boat bucks.

Comment

Thanks Bill

I was planning the same manual approach with no sensor and dump into the unpressurized portion (but not the big fill line) with the maker well above the height of the top of the holding tank. I should be under 2 boat bucks from what I saw at the big box home store but I do not have to contend with salt water.

There is penny wise and pound foolish and then there is me - just inordinately cheap.

Comment

bobsyiruncle wrote:
                Thanks Bill

I was planning the same manual approach with no sensor and dump into the unpressurized portion (but not the big fill line) with the maker well above the height of the top of the holding tank.
                The Manufacture of my unit specified non-pressurized line and not a vent so that left the fill line. It was simple once I saw how Ken's was done. Just cut the line and install a Tee fitting

Comment

Nice install.

Just curious why there was no level sensor added to the system to indicate a full tank?

Comment

There is a tank level but it is not part of the watermaker

Comment

Luv ya Bill - I am not ready for even more complex and fancy high technology to rule just yet

Comment

Working...
                      X