Adding 2nd depth finder transducer to 4755-gctid361272

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding 2nd depth finder transducer to 4755-gctid361272

I want to add a second depth finder to my 1999 47. The factory sender is in the hull under the bottom stair going down to the staterooms from the salon. The forward bilge pump is in there also. The factory sender is thru the hull in a flat spot that looks like it was made specialy made for it . there is a matching spot in the hull on the opposite side of the keel in the same compartment. If I add a second sender in this flat spot the 2 senders will be only 18 or 20" apart.

Has anyone done this or are they too close together to work correctly?? The other option I might do is add a transon mount sender which is a much cheaper unit then the bronze unit.

I mounted my thru transducer in front of the stbd engine about half way between front of engine and fuel tank bulkhead. It reads to 1000 feet so it must work. I made a board to span the area between stringer and side to ease crawling around front of engine.
    Started boating 1965
    Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

Factory was under the stairs on the port side, my second in front of the starboard engine. Seemed to provide enough distance to not have any interference.

Comment

It will work just fine mine are less than 10 inches apart of course you cant run both of them at the same time. If you have a NEMA 2000 network in your boat it is really easy to run 2 sounders off of one transducer and you can run them at the same time

Comment

If you run 2 sounders at the same time, use 2 different freq, such as in 50/200 for most sounders.
          Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
          Twin 350 GM power
          Located in Seward, AK
          Retired marine surveyor

Comment

+1 on using different frequencies, if using both at the same time. Ours will get confused on the same frequency.

Pugetsoundog (woof)

Comment

salty lady wrote:
              I want to add a second depth finder to my 1999 47. The factory sender is in the hull under the bottom stair going down to the staterooms from the salon. The forward bilge pump is in there also. The factory sender is thru the hull in a flat spot that looks like it was made specialy made for it . there is a matching spot in the hull on the opposite side of the keel in the same compartment. If I add a second sender in this flat spot the 2 senders will be only 18 or 20" apart.

Has anyone done this or are they too close together to work correctly?? The other option I might do is add a transon mount sender which is a much cheaper unit then the bronze unit.
              My 1996 47 came with a hockey puck inside the hull with a Lorance digital at 192 khz on the bridge. I changed to a more powerful Lorance lcd. Being a different frequency than the pilot house Furuno I installed at 50/200 khz there is no overlap or interference.
              Started boating 1965
              Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

I run two sounders on one transducer by using a switch. It is a bit of pain to have to remember to switch from lower level to upper every time but it works.

Comment

Working...
                X