Fuel consumption - Hino W04C-T-gctid360765

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel consumption - Hino W04C-T-gctid360765

Could you 32xx guys give me an approximate fuel consumption at your given cruise speed. Consumption and RPM would be helpful. Thanks.

Early data - not yet confirmed (just got the boat) - but I ran approx. 5 hrs at approx 2700 rpm, 4 people on board, full fuel, 1/4 water, no waste, no gear/food on boat - burned just less than 1/4 tank (~45 gallons??), so approx 9 gal//hr (combined). Then went out for another 5 hrs, ran anywhere from 7 kt, to a full "full pull" runs (3000 rpm) - probably averaged 2200 rpm, 7 people people on board, 3/4 fuel, 1/2 water, 1/2 waste, some gear and food etc. on board and burned an est 40 gallons - so approx 8 gal/hr. (combined).

Like I said - early data, not precise. Next time out I'm going to fill it to get a better idea of exact fuel used - going by gauges now, and I know they're not that accurate.

Comment

@2500 rpm around 8 gallons per hour for both engines. 1991 3288 hino 150's.

Comment

1.5 Kmpg @ 2000 RPM 10kts 12K miles of Data My boat is loaded has hard chines & extension

Comment

Wow Billsguns, 10kts @ 2000rpm...my boat is slow. I get around 7-8kts @ 2000rpm.

Comment

Do any of you guys know which props you are running?

Jim

Comment

props = 17"x17"

Comment

bayliner3288 wrote:
                Wow Billsguns, 10kts @ 2000rpm...my boat is slow. I get around 7-8kts @ 2000rpm.
                Thats towing a 15 foot dinghy I run 16 1/2 X17 Starboard and 16 X17 port both cupped

Comment

billsguns wrote:
                  Thats towing a 15 foot dinghy I run 16 1/2 X17 Starboard and 16 X17 port both cupped
                  Now you're starting to really make me feel bad.

Comment

Hard chines and hull extensions make a significant change to the hull design. After modification it is really no longer the same boat, and while the numbers are interesting to see what differences the mods make, it's not right to expect a non modified boat to behave in the same way.

Comment

If you are interested in low fuel consumption, come back to about 1400 to 1600 RPM. You will get 5-7 knots and burn 2-3 gallons per hour and get 2-3 miles per gallon. I have repeatedly gotton 2.5 miles per gallon over the past 3 summers at 1500 RPM. Miles per gallon is a much better measure for fuel comparisons. 8-9 gallons per hour and 12-15 knots is in the 1.2-1.5 miles per gallon range.

Jim

1987 3270 with 135 Hinos
                      1988 3270 With 135 Hinos

Comment

Wild Blue Yonder wrote:
                        12-15 knots is in the 1.2-1.5 miles per gallon range.

Jim

1987 3270 with 135 Hinos
                        Thats what I got when I had 360 Hurth transmissions It all went south when I up graded to the 630 transmissions. I have spent $10's of thousands trying to get back to my original performance

Comment

I've posted this before. I have floscan flowmeters with digital tachs on my 1990 3288MY with 150 Hinos, hardtop over cockpit, light weight dinghy w/outboard, underhulls and 3ft hull extension which replaced the swim step. I came up with the following approximate performance with 2/3 fuel and 1/2 water:

RPM Speed(kt) nm/gal

1080 5.7 5.7

1348 6.8 3.4

1837 8.7 2.1

1920 9.1 1.75

2510 14.3 1.45

2700 16 1.4

I typically cruise around 2600 rpm which is about 15 kts and 1.4 nm/gal. My max rpm is about 2990/2950 rpm.

Mike

Sea Shanti

1990 3288MY

Comment

And just a guess by looking at those numbers yes slower speed is better for fuel consumption but what difference does it make if you are running slower? Slower is more TIME so total fuel burn over the distance you are traveling is what matters. At 16kts your using 1.4 gal compared to how much at 8 knts which is half the speed? I run my 93 between 2600 and 2700 and average 13 to 16 knts depending on tide, wind, load etc. I do not believe I use much more fuel than if I was running slow, I spend less time running. Then think about maintenance, for most people that is based on engine hours. Why would I want to run slower and increase hours and maintenance costs? and frequency? Single engine trawlers are designed to go slow and sip fuel, I did not buy one of those. But to each his own if you want to run at trawler speeds go ahead. I just do not have the time.

Comment

"Why would I want to run slower and increase hours and maintenance costs?"

Because your fuel use per mile would be half as much or even better at lower speeds.

Hope this helps
                              Northport NY

Comment

Working...
                              X