replacement venturi shield for 45XX-gctid360312

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacement venturi shield for 45XX-gctid360312

Anyone have a good source for a good replacement venturi shield for the 45xx flybridge? This is the 6-8" piece of molded smoky colored plastic "windshield" up at the flybridge.
    ~~1987 Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse & 17' Boston Whaler Dauntless~~

Middy Plastics if they are still in business.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...Middy-Plastics

Comment

Any Plexiglass shop that has an oven can whip one up for you. Just don't tell them it's for a boat, otherwise they'll jack up the price. You might get lucky and

be able to find a piece in their scrap bin long enough to use. Bring them a cardboard mock up. I recommend doing it in pieces so you don'taccidentally break it moving it.

Comment

Woodsong wrote:
        Anyone have a good source for a good replacement venturi shield for the 45xx flybridge? This is the 6-8" piece of molded smoky colored plastic "windshield" up at the flybridge.
        Not sure if they are in your area, but we have a shop called TAP Plastics, they are reasonably priced and seem to do good work.

Trevor

Comment

Woodsong wrote:
          I took mine to a plexiglass shop also. The center section was I think about $250 and the 2 sides 140 each.

I never installed them, just never got around to it. I dont miss them either, I can see better and nobody ever noticed.

Maybe this summer i will install them.

Comment

Middy Plastics in Redmond, WA are still in business as of a few weeks ago and have the original moulds and router boards. It would be about $1000 to replace the entire Venturi on a 45. I priced a complete screen for a 4387 in Feb of this year and that was about it. I bought a half for a 3270 and picked it up and spoke to them for quite awhile. They indeed are selling off equipment and stock and will at some point maybe this year close their doors.

Comment

Someone on here replaced their venturi with one from a 57 foot Bayliner. It looked great. Wish I could find the thread.
              Patrick and Patti
              4588 Pilothouse 1991
              12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
              M/V "Paloma"
              MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Working...
              X