Primer Pump-gctid359473

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer Pump-gctid359473

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/662439=25220-2primer pump.jpg[/img]Anyone know where I can get a "primer pump" or "feed pump" for my Chrysler Mitts? I called Keith and he wanted $500.. What a crook..

Bryan, the 6ds7/CM655 is an industrial engine, and may be available at Mitsu. Let me see what I can dig up in my notes for you......

Comment

The part should be available from a injection pump repair shop. If its a Nippon Denso system find a shop that can repair them & they should be able to get the pump. Some of the hand pumps are rebuildable, that may be another choice. If all else fails you can plumb a outboard priming bulb into the system. Good luck
      Capt. Ron.
      "I will not tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death"
      "Never Trade Luck For Skill"
      1987 3870 - Northern Lights ll
      Hino EH700
      Westerbeke 8.0
      1999 Logic Marine 17' CC/50 Merc.
      on Louisiana pool Mississippi River.

Comment

thank you both.. I will get on the Google engine and see what I can find.. I hate being stuck dock side.. I burned half my fuel and need to add about 150 gallons.. Fuel costs keep rising..My neighbor fueled up today and said with tax is was $4.00 a gallon for Diesel and rising.. i am hoping to get operational again in plenty of time to avoid the summer travel fuel "tax" increase..

Anyways, i hope everyone is ready as I am for the warm season!

Comment

Search other posts here...there's a place called Kraft Power that can get a lot of basic parts for the Mits engines. I'm not home, but when I return around the 19th I have the address if you can't find it.

Comment

Update..

kraft power charges $423 for the entire pump.. So I got the manual out and on page 16-4 they show a complete dis-assembly of the pump. I am certain the pump itself is fine so I ordered the nipple washers, packing rings, and gaskets for both pumps for a total of $39.98 + tax and shipping. He has everything in stock except for the gaskets which have to come from Japan. So I expect the order in about two weeks. The manual is very detailed so disassembling, replacing parts and reassembling should be easy.. Once I complete this I will update.. So for $40 I can rebuild both pumps, thanks for the info...

Ask for Dave at Kraft Power he knows the engine and is very helpful.

Comment

Capt. Ron,

Your idea of using the primer bulb has got me thinking.. I am pretty sure the gasket is leaking and I will know for sure when the parts come in. When I shut the engine sown fuel gushes out at the gasket. If that is not the problem I think think the primer bulb will work just fine.. Anyway thanks for the tip.. I found the part number in the manual and came up with these links, not sure if they are the exact part but it it definitely is made by Bosh. A call to Bosh could help as well.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/bosch-feed-pump.html

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/for-...210--5250.html

Comment

Working...
              X