Help I Need a new water pump-gctid359435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    He needed the circ pump on a Mitsu diesel in his 38.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Presume you are talking about Tony Athens at Seaboard? Couldn't agree more if you are.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Got the pump installed on Sunday and it runs perfectly. I brought the engine up to temperature in the slip and it ran smooth.. I am going to get fuel one day next week so I will sea test it then.. Tony is a reasonable guy and does great work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Update?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Pau Hana wrote:
    Did you get the Tootsie Roll pops in the box?

Yep, Tony is top notch in every way. He handled my pump the same way.
    LOL, yes I got the Tootsie Pops and already ate them.. Tony is a class act thanks for the referral!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Did you get the Tootsie Roll pops in the box?

Yep, Tony is top notch in every way. He handled my pump the same way.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Pau Hana wrote:
    When I talked to Kraft Power, the lady there said he'd have a hard time getting the pump.

$150 is quite reasonable for the rebuild IMO- Tony did an excellent job on mine.
    Tony is a very nice guy and does business the old fashioned way.. After he had the pump for a few days I called him wanting to pay for the rebuild. He told me he already shipped it, i tried to give him my credit card number and he said he hates credit cards and to just send him a check which I did. How many business's do you know that will send you your product before accepting payment? Very impressed with him.. I got the pump today and it looks new. he sandblasted it or something and included the gasket it looks awesome.. Going to add some paint and install on Saturday.. I uploaded a couple of pics of the finished pump..

Bryan

Attached files http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img] http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    When I talked to Kraft Power, the lady there said he'd have a hard time getting the pump.

$150 is quite reasonable for the rebuild IMO- Tony did an excellent job on mine.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Pete,

Tony said he remembered your pump and that it is a bit more difficult to rebuild.. He said $150 is a fair price for that pump.. I am going to the boat today to remove and ship..... Dave at Kraft Power said he van get a new pump for roughly $400 but he didn't look up the price to confirm.. i am very comfortable with the rebuilt pump which will probably be better than new.. I should have it installed by next week and will update everyone then.. Thanks for the information, Keith and his $3500 is laughable..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Kåre L wrote:
    What is going on with this Keith dude? Sounds like he is completely out of touch with the real world. That's beyond ridiculous.
    yes, he has lost his mind... he wanted $500 for the fuel primer.. That is a $50 part..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Supply, demand, and ignorance.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    FishingFool wrote:
    Pete,

thank you very much... I just called Kieth at blue ridge and he said $3500 to rebuild it.. LOL.. Plus $500 for the fuel primer...
    What is going on with this Keith dude? Sounds like he is completely out of touch with the real world. That's beyond ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Scott,

Will do.. I might not get to the pump until next Saturday unless something changes in my schedule. I'll let you know tomorrow what the price is and next week what the removal and install are like.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Please let us know how this ends....I expect to be doing this soon also.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Recommend you go ahead and remove the old pump now- both places will have you send in your pump for rebuild. As for cost- I don't think the price will have changed much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X