3288 year 1989 laminate color-gctid359095

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3288 year 1989 laminate color-gctid359095

Does anyone have the make and color reference of the counter top greenish blue laminate used in the 1989 3288's. I couldn't find anything close at the local dealers and I need to change the one in the galley due to overwear! Thanks for the help.
    NILE
    1989 3288MY 305's US Marine
    Fort Lauderdale Florida

As Formica doesn't produce anymore the turquoise-blue color used in the 1989 models I've had to redo all the interior laminate (galley, salon table, 2 staterooms) so they can match.

For those who consider this project try to select a Formica color available in 12 Ft X 5 FT sheet (cost: 75$) then all the cuts will fit in it with no left over.

Be careful when removing the wood trim as they are glued and nailed and the lip can break. Use a cutter or a vibrating tool to loosen the trim and cut the nails going through the lip before pulling the piece away.

There are wires running inside at both ends of the cabinet of the galley (Radio, propane and water pump controls) which prevent the removal of the unit but the screws holding it to the base can be removed and the new laminate can thus slide in place underneath provided you use thickened epoxy instead of contact cement for gluing. I made a one piece cut for the galley counter top (use kraft paper to build a template).

The ice box cover cut comes from the sink cut out.

I have used epoxy to hold the trims back in place.

You definitely need a small router with a flush cutting bit for this project.

You can send me a msg if you need more details.
    NILE
    1989 3288MY 305's US Marine
    Fort Lauderdale Florida

Comment

Working...
    X