Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing the loop - 1/2 between summer and liveaboard - who is going, who has been?-gctid442537

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"oldcrow" post=789277 wrote:
    we plan on starting the loop this july (2017) starting from Midland in georgian bay have been boating this are for 40 years,need a change We have a 1984 3870

called Crow's Nest.
    Are you out of Bay Moorings ? Green trim with an extension ? We had our small boat there for the winter, saw yours on the hard. I think someone said you have BMW diesels ?

Terry
    1982 3270
    Volvo BB 140 A's
    MS 3 trannys

Comment

yes that was me.we are in wabashene for the winter.we live in Barrie
      1984 3870 bayliner

Comment

We are gearing up to spend the next several years slowly working our way around the loop in our newly purchased 4788, spending the other half of each year living in our vintage bus conversion.

We blogged about our general plans here.

We are in Punta Gorda, FL now for at least the next month (we just picked up the boat Friday and have a LOT to learn!) - and we probably will be in FL for many months after, maybe starting with the Little Loop through the Okeechobee and down to the Keys.

It would be awesome to meet up with some other BOC members as we travel. If you see us in your area, reach out and say hi.

Cheers all!

- Chris
        Chris & Cherie - www.technomadia.com
        "Y-Not" - 1999 Bayliner 4788
        "Zephyr" - 1961 GM PD4106 Vintage Bus RV Conversion

Full-Time nomads since 2006.
        Now spending half of each year slowly doing the Great Loop in our 4788!

Comment

Hi Chris,

Just checking in to see how the trip is going so far, or have you started?

Comment

Indeed we have started - we've made it from Punta Gorda, FL to Ft. Myers so far - 48.8nm.

We'll have a blog post up soon detailing the first leg of our trip.

So far we are loving boat life!

Cheers,

- Chris

Comment

Glad to hear it. We are still two years away, but really looking forward to it.

Comment

"Technomadia" post=808272 wrote:
                Indeed we have started - we've made it from Punta Gorda, FL to Ft. Myers so far - 48.8nm.

We'll have a blog post up soon detailing the first leg of our trip.

So far we are loving boat life!

Cheers,

- Chris
                Are you going to cut across thru Lake Okeechobee or go down thru the keys?

I'm curious how long it is to get across. I just bought a canal house in Cape Coral and plan to cruise to the Bahamas frequently for scuba adventures. First, must find boat!
                Esteban
                B-ham!
                Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

"green650" post=808786 wrote:

Are you going to cut across thru Lake Okeechobee or go down thru the keys?!
                  If the lake levels are high enough, we'll be aiming to do Lake Okeechobee. I think we'll spend 4-5 days crossing, but I haven't worked out the trip planning yet.

Cheers,

- Chris.

Comment

Working...
                  X