X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drewhaas
    replied
    Originally posted by ksanders View Post

I am getting there Jeff. Tried babble. Tried Roseta Stone. Ended up hiring a one on one professional language instructor.
    So far I have had about 20 hours of instruction, plus conversations with friends.

I will admit that for anything complex I still rely on I translate, or google translate, both of which work very well.
    Kevin- don’t stress too much over book learning. Once you’re immersed and exposed to the local dialect and speech tempo you’ll pick it up pretty quickly.
    Man, do I envy your trip.

Leave a comment:

• Simonsen
    replied
    OMG Kevin it's gorgeous!! Can't wait to follow your awesome journey and I can feel your excitement. At least there's another Bayliner in the bay (3288)...cozy up..never know they might be on the BOC!
    45 days and counting...

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnp8061 View Post
    Hi Kevin, Have you considered using a GoPro to start a video journal of your trip on YouTube or whatever media site you like best? I would subscribe, watch, and support! It is an amazing trip that would have amazing video footage. I sure wish you the best. I hope to have our 3870 ready for the loop by next summer. Starting from Catawba Island, western basin of Lake Erie. There are some great documented trips for that route on YouTube today. Your trip is much more challenging for sure. I have already talked about your trip to many at our Marina.
    Thanks for the encouragement!

The plan is to document the trip here on the BOC.

I am not skilled at video editing so It will be mostly photos, and discussion of the journey.

This is where my boating friends are, so this is a great venue to share, and discuss the journey.

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffw View Post
    Nice sunset, kinda like here. How's your Spanish?
    I am getting there Jeff. Tried babble. Tried Roseta Stone. Ended up hiring a one on one professional language instructor.
    So far I have had about 20 hours of instruction, plus conversations with friends.

I will admit that for anything complex I still rely on I translate, or google translate, both of which work very well.

Leave a comment:

• Johnp8061
    replied
    Hi Kevin, Have you considered using a GoPro to start a video journal of your trip on YouTube or whatever media site you like best? I would subscribe, watch, and support! It is an amazing trip that would have amazing video footage. I sure wish you the best. I hope to have our 3870 ready for the loop by next summer. Starting from Catawba Island, western basin of Lake Erie. There are some great documented trips for that route on YouTube today. Your trip is much more challenging for sure. I have already talked about your trip to many at our Marina.

Leave a comment:

• builderdude
    replied
    Gonna be quite the journey Kev. Looking forward to following along.
    😁

Leave a comment:

• Jeffw
    replied
    Nice sunset, kinda like here. How's your Spanish?

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim_Gandee View Post
    I hope you like fresh fish and have plenty of poles and tackle! On your way south, once down in Mexico, I suggest you adjust your course to follow, or make your way over, the underwater ridges and high points as you drag your lures. 👍
    That is the plan Jim!

Tomorrow night is fresh fish and shrimp at a specialty restaurant I know. Off the beaten path, seldom if ever visited by tourists.

Leave a comment:

• Jim_Gandee
    replied
    I hope you like fresh fish and have plenty of poles and tackle! On your way south, once down in Mexico, I suggest you adjust your course to follow, or make your way over, the underwater ridges and high points as you drag your lures. 👍

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    For folks that have not ever been to the real Mexico... Here is what tacos are supposed to look like

Click image for larger version

Name:	E66139DD-B978-4F2D-B7AE-E72566E41187.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	642161

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    started a topic La Paz Baja

La Paz Baja

Here are a couple of photos I took in the last couple days from La Paz Baja Sur. Sunrise, and sunset!
    I cannot believe it's really happening. In 45 days I will be leaving the cold of Alaska and bringing my boat here.

The 4,000 mile trip to get here will in itself be the adventure of a lifetime. Then exploring the Sea of Cortez is the icing on the cake

Click image for larger version  Name:	14656729-A3D6-41B8-9C7A-A0A8D2EA8AB5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	642158 Click image for larger version  Name:	BEB62D13-811E-41D5-9FF8-30CE2A72CE9B.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.71 MB ID:	642159
Working...
X