No announcement yet.

Vacuum cleaners and Boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this topic will be helpful for everyone, thanks alot for this.
    https://cleaningbeasts.com/eufy-boos...ac-11s-review/

Comment

Lol, the Dyson V14 pet hair and body training all in one nifty package (not recommended for young children or seniors).
    Azzurra
    Seattle, WA
    Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

Originally posted by michel View Post
      Yeah, i get tired of all the bullshit and reading between the lines all the time. For a grand they could put a proper sized battery. Maybe ill add an 8D to that sucker and be done with it?
      Ditto, twofold.

Quite frankly though, I have had poor luck with anything battery powered. It seemed like every time I wanted to use the item I would have to recharge it. Finally I switched over to everything electric running off the inverter. The advantage was not only in time but also economy.

I understand the desire for battery power. For me the practicalities did not work out well.

Comment

I hear you Janice. Ask me in 4 years what I think of the Dyson. I’ll know the truth then. Interestingly the Dyson has a docking station so it’s always fully charged.
        Azzurra
        Seattle, WA
        Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

This is a quick update on the Dyson. I use it on normal mode. It sucks up way more material than my previous $79 no name bought at Target upright vacuum cleaner. It’s quieter than the no name. The smaller head gets into more places. The cordless option allows me to cover the entire boat. The weight difference makes doing the stairs much easier. Simply put, i’m Getting the whole boat done in half the time and it’s coming out cleaner. Is it worth the money? That depends on a lot of things. It’s still too big if you live on a 34’ sailboat (that’s were I started 25+ years ago). It’s longevity has still yet to be proven.
          Azzurra
          Seattle, WA
          Ocean Alexander 54

Comment

Just a follow up regarding our Dyson V59 Animal Cordless Vacuum... The battery appeared to be on it's last leg as it had lost vacuum power and would run long . I found a replacement battery on Amazon that also had increased aHM (2500 to 3500). It works great now and for only about $30.

We also still use the Oreck some too.
            John
            1986 Marinette 39 Sedan after enjoying our 1984 Marinette 28
            (formerly 89 2755 5.8 OMC & 97 1850SS 4.3L Alpha I)

Comment

I have had a few over the years. Dyson was the best until you start to have issues such as battery failing after about 3-5 years. They stopped making this battery? WTF!. Great, I'll buy a new one since I have all these great accessories only to find out they change the way they attach every couple of model changes so the old does not fit the new.

I have no less than 3 Tineco units now, One upstairs another downstairs and one at the office. Bye, Bye Dyson. IMHO the dual swappable battery is perfect compared to the plug in only and wait several hours on the Dyson. They are available on Amazon by the way. Watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r99cgnjghFw
              Cheers, Hans
              2007 Carver 41 CMY
              Twin Volvo D6-370
              Montreal, Canada
              Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

We have always used a shop vacuum. You can get them pretty small or mid size depending on your boat. It’s not much of a foot print and the bonus it’s a wet/dry vac.

Comment

Our solution was to remove the OEM central vac and bite the bullet for the Dyson V10. Amazing performance, no cord, and used daily. Same product on my Airstream. After 18 months, it quit. Dyson replaced the whole thing and extended the warranty. Tried the Shark but lacked the SUCK.
                  1990 4588
                  Port Hueneme, Ca.

Comment

I have watched these threads before, why does no one like the built in vacuum. We have a 4588 with the built in vac and we think it does a good job. Plug the cord in and can go everywhere in the boat. It is great also for sucking dust up off the pilot house dash and countertops.
                    Just curious why all the hate for the built ins.
                    Hino W06
                    St. Louis, MO
                    ”It’s A Wonderful Life”

Comment

500 bucks for a stick vac just because it advertised with a fancy brit accent?!? I'll stick with a shop vac.
                      Simo
                      2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain -> SOLD!
                      Shameless lurking on Lake Keowee with a Harris Cruiser 210 Tritoon/Mercury 150XL EFI

Comment

• joe440
                        joe440 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can pick up a Dyson cordless stick on Craigslist for $50 and pick up a new battery on Amazon and you are good to go. Not expensive at all.

Originally posted by cptncptn View Post
                      I have watched these threads before, why does no one like the built in vacuum. We have a 4588 with the built in vac and we think it does a good job. Plug the cord in and can go everywhere in the boat. It is great also for sucking dust up off the pilot house dash and countertops.
                      Just curious why all the hate for the built ins.
                      no powered rotating bar means dog hair stays stuck in the carpet.

KEVIN SANDERS
                      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
                      www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
                      https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

We just bought a 4588 and 1 of the first things I did was put a cordless Dyson in it. This now my 3rd boat with a Dyson vacuum, I love the lightweight, easy maneuverability and storage of them, not to mention the performance. Yes, after a few years you need to replace the battery, the same with any rechargeable devices. Batteries are easily found on Amazon.
                        1992 4588
                        WitchWay

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

This rigid shop vac and hoses fit great in our 2855 transom locker. It runs fine off of a 2000 watt inverter, and the hose reaches all the way to the front of the cabin. It works well as a blower, and I use it to blow out the sea water lines when winterizing. We also use it to inflate and deflate water toys.
                          Plus, it's still a portable shop vac.
                          Lance O. Albany, OR
                          1996 Ciera 2855 7.4 4bbl Bravo 3
                          1978 21' Hawaiian 557 BBF Berkeley Jet (dingy)

Comment

Working...
                          X