This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liveaboards please visit www.liveaboard-boats.com

If you are a liveaboard, or a wanna be liveaboard, please visit my new site at www.liveaboard-boats.com

It is a growing community of liveaboard boaters!

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

We now have a section to post a link to your liveaboard blog or web site at www.liveaboard-boats.com

Hope to see you there!

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Kevin...visited the site, wanted to respond to a post and have no buttons to do so...problem...?
      1988 3888
      Twin Cummins 6BT's 210hp

Comment

Originally posted by Nickp View Post
        Kevin...visited the site, wanted to respond to a post and have no buttons to do so...problem...?
        You just have to sign up. Same thing you had to do here. I wish there was a way to share the member database but there’s not.
        You can even have your same username

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post

You just have to sign up. Same thing you had to do here. I wish there was a way to share the member database but there’s not.
          You can even have your same username
          Kevin...I did sign up...but I don't get the usual buttons for replying/quoting, etc...

I do see my username in the upper right...nickp...
          1988 3888
          Twin Cummins 6BT's 210hp

Comment

Kevin...I did sign up...but I don't get the usual buttons for replying/quoting, etc...

I do see my username in the upper right...nickp...
            Ahhh pleasse click verify on the email we sent. That way the system knows you are not a robot

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Well, I'll be...

Thanks...
              1988 3888
              Twin Cummins 6BT's 210hp

Comment

ksanders

Kevin...Just for clarification, how does one know which of the two sites to post to for items of interest that are more general. For example, as I was browsing the new site, I became interested in the Marine Alarm Systems thread. It seemed clear to me that folks that visit their boat weekly would have as much interest in the thread as liveaboards that are generally on their boats most of the time (maybe all the time).

I always wonder about shore power, for example, as the fridge automatically switches to DC on loss of power. I may show up Friday nite or Saturday morning to find batteries dead.

I am not posting to solve the issue but use it as an example.

I also looked at the current Liveaboards section of BOC and find many items of interest that might only be posted on the Liveaboards site (in the future). So I'm wondering, do you think we will know where to post when we start a thread...?

Maybe I'm overthinking this...I'm sure you've already given this much thought.

Nice job on the new site, by the way...it's obvious you've put a lot into it and I sincerely hope it will be a great success. I am more than happy to visit both sites for any items of interest...

Regards, Nick
                1988 3888
                Twin Cummins 6BT's 210hp

Comment

ksanders

Kevin...Just for clarification, how does one know which of the two sites to post to for items of interest that are more general. For example, as I was browsing the new site, I became interested in the Marine Alarm Systems thread. It seemed clear to me that folks that visit their boat weekly would have as much interest in the thread as liveaboards that are generally on their boats most of the time (maybe all the time).

I always wonder about shore power, for example, as the fridge automatically switches to DC on loss of power. I may show up Friday nite or Saturday morning to find batteries dead.

I am not posting to solve the issue but use it as an example.

I also looked at the current Liveaboards section of BOC and find many items of interest that might only be posted on the Liveaboards site (in the future). So I'm wondering, do you think we will know where to post when we start a thread...?

Maybe I'm overthinking this...I'm sure you've already given this much thought.

Nice job on the new site, by the way...it's obvious you've put a lot into it and I sincerely hope it will be a great success. I am more than happy to visit both sites for any items of interest...

Regards, Nick
                  OK, the liveaboats section on the BOC is going to be redirected to www.liveaboard-boats.com since that’s the sites focus.

As far as where to post, lthere are no real rules.

If you post something generic here it will be seen by bayliner owners only. You’ll be missing out on all the other boaters that might have a similar interest or issue but not a Bayliner.

If you post something Bayliner specific at the liveaboard site you’ll miss out on all the brand specific knowledge and interest you find here.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Working...
                  X