How many Liveaboard/Stayaboards???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Liveaboard/Stayaboards???

I’m cruious... How many Liveaboard/Stay Aboards do we have here on the BOC?

How many of the liveaboard/Stay Aboards are single or semi single guys? How many are couples?

I became a Stay Aboard this summer. So far I am enjoying the life, and the freedom.
    We’ll see how this works out as we transition to fall and winter in Seward Alaska.
    Fortunately I do not have long before retirement

So please pipe up... Where are you, how much time do you spend aboard, and how do you like it?

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Folks are probably getting tired of me... been a liveaboard with my wife for 2 years. First on a 38 now on a 4788- probably the best liveaboard boat there is. And yes- we love the lifestyle! Year around in Tacoma.
    Drew Haas
    1998 4788 "Painkiller"

Comment

Originally posted by drewhaas View Post
      Folks are probably getting tired of me... been a liveaboard with my wife for 2 years. First on a 38 now on a 4788- probably the best liveaboard boat there is. And yes- we love the lifestyle! Year around in Tacoma.
      Like many I’m tied to a job, and that locks down a location. I have considered changing jobs, and location but I’m so close, and only work part time now...

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

My wife and I have been living aboard since April, 2016. We are both retired and love this simple lifestyle. Hence, the boat name "Simplicity". And I agree with Drew, the 4788 is a great live aboard boat.
        Greg A.
        1994 4788
        "Simplicity"
        2002 Capri 175
        "Little GFI"
        Boat on the Sac/San Joaquin Delta

Comment

Originally posted by tower3218 View Post
          My wife and I have been living aboard since April, 2016. We are both retired and love this simple lifestyle. Hence, the boat name "Simplicity". And I agree with Drew, the 4788 is a great live aboard boat.
          Are you in the delta? In big city or small town?
          How are things there in the winter?

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

• tower3218
            tower3218 commented
            Editing a comment
            We are in the Delta (Delta loop in Isleton). Small town. The winters are mainly moderately cool... 50's high, low 40's low. Spring for us begins in February. We do use our diesel heater on most days (Dec thru Feb).

We stay aboard 2-3 weeks at a time on our 3388. We keep it in Alamitos Bay Marina in Long Beach, CA, an exceptionally nice marina. It's walking distance to many restaurants, grocery, BevMo, medical, and West Marine. Just minutes from 3 freeways and 300 miles from home. Our cruising area is the SoCal coast and all of the Channel Islands.
          Jeff & Tara
          (And Ginger too)
          Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
          "GetAway"
          Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

My wife and I just bought our 3888 in November last year and are living on it all summer until October sometime when we will fly back home to Ontario. We love the Pacific North West which is why we bought out here. We drove our winter beater car out here in May and will leave it here.

Cheers
            P/C Bob Hicks JN
            Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
            Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
            Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
            Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
            Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.

Comment

Living aboard here fulltime since April 2017. Was on a Ranger sailboat 4 year prior. Single guy, but working on it. Losing hope that I'll find a woman who is interested in boating let alone living on one, lol.
              . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

Cool_Beans your on the wrong coast. I know several ladies out here in the PNW who are single and have lived aboard boats.
                P/C Bob Hicks JN
                Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
                Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
                Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
                Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
                Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.

Comment

We have lived aboard our 4788 (1977) since March of 2017. Prior to that we lived aboard our Leopard Catamaran in the Caribbean. We are now cruising the East coast, Florida, and Florida Keys. As a couple we find the 4788 an extremely comfortable livaboard. She has all the amenities we need....PLUS Some....and is a reliable/stable livaboard platform.

Kevin Spellman
                  m/v No Plan
                  1997 4788
                  We have No Plan and we're sticking to it...,

Comment

I guess I am the old guy here. I have lived aboard since 2002 just east of Toronto. bought my 3988 in 2006 and it is perfect for me both as a single and on longer cruises with my lady.
                    Retirement is coming soon as I am 70 now but my employer keeps throwing projects at me that I cannot say no to but the plan is to head south for an extended time in the fall of 2019
                    and winter in the Bahamas. Under my present contract I will still be paid for a further 2.5 years at my present rate after retiring before I have to dip into my pension.
                    "Adios Dinero"
                    1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
                    Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

For those folks in the seattle area. And recommendations on finding large live aboard slips.
                      It seems like a needle in a haystack scenario. Wondering if venturing further afield ronsay Edmonds or Everett opens more options. Sorry for hijack thread but if anyone has ideas would love to hear them. Considering taking that step.
                      BLOG ABOUT MY BOAT... www.seattleboater.com
                      5788 Man 610's- Love Her !
                      Sold:Bayliner 3587 | Extended Hull

Comment

Originally posted by Bobhicks View Post
                        Cool_Beans your on the wrong coast. I know several ladies out here in the PNW who are single and have lived aboard boats.
                        Wrong place, wrong time...story of my life
                        . . .It places the lotion in the Basket. . .and that basket happens to be in a 1987 Bayliner 3870 w/ Hino 175's

Comment

• kspellman02
                          kspellman02 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Might have to head to the Keys....more east coast opportunity there sir!
                      Working...
                      X