Happiness is a warm head and warm towels-gctid340887

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happiness is a warm head and warm towels-gctid340887

One of the nicest upgrades I have done on my 3988 is to install a ceramic plate wall heater in the head under the towel bar.

These heaters are only 400 watts and I installed mine using a wall thermostat as it is overkill for it to run constantly.

Warm towels in a warm head in the middle of winter make life very pleasant. the product is called an Eco-Heater.

Another valuable change was done by the PO and that is a modified hook on the shower door to hold it open

and allow air to circulate,, cuts way down on mold and mildew in the shower.

• The_Other_Gary
    replied
    Here ya go, make sure you read the reviews as it does not put out much heat.

http://www.amazon.com/Indus-Tool-CL-.../dp/B0009HMFPM

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does anyone have a link to the 150W one?

Leave a comment:

• The_Other_Gary
    replied
    Get the 400 watt and hardwire it properly with a wall thermostat. They are only 24 inches square and if the towel bar is above it with about 4 inches clearance from the bottom of the towel the convected heat from the air gap keeps em toasty. I keep the boat at 68 and the heads at 72.

Leave a comment:

• capt._ron
    replied
    I've been considering getting one for the master head. I saw the 400 but also a 150 watt, I thought the 150 may be to small to do any good. With out a thermostat just wired to a breaker or plugged in it may be worth it. On the 38 if I leave the door open to the head to get heat it blocks the heater in the berth so it's always cool.

Leave a comment:

• The_Other_Gary
    replied
    Ace hardware has them, also online at Amazon.

get them ordered in thru a supplier that handles them as I would worry about

shipping them since they are ceramic and shippers are sometimes rough on stuff

I got mine at Cramers if there is one near you. about $110 plus you need some marine wire and a

wall thermostat for a nice neat installation. this one has been running 5 winters now.

http://www.eco-heater.com/index.html

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    These look really slick. Where did you find these and what do they run. Who made yours!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nice! I'm in the middle of redoing the aft cabin decking, and I've given serious consideration to installing a radiant floor heater. Still researching the pros and cons of doing so....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X