Happiness is a warm head and warm towels-gctid340887

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiness is a warm head and warm towels-gctid340887

One of the nicest upgrades I have done on my 3988 is to install a ceramic plate wall heater in the head under the towel bar.

These heaters are only 400 watts and I installed mine using a wall thermostat as it is overkill for it to run constantly.

Warm towels in a warm head in the middle of winter make life very pleasant. the product is called an Eco-Heater.

Another valuable change was done by the PO and that is a modified hook on the shower door to hold it open

and allow air to circulate,, cuts way down on mold and mildew in the shower.

"Adios Dinero"
    1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
    Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Nice! I'm in the middle of redoing the aft cabin decking, and I've given serious consideration to installing a radiant floor heater. Still researching the pros and cons of doing so....

Comment

These look really slick. Where did you find these and what do they run. Who made yours!

Comment

Ace hardware has them, also online at Amazon.

get them ordered in thru a supplier that handles them as I would worry about

shipping them since they are ceramic and shippers are sometimes rough on stuff

I got mine at Cramers if there is one near you. about $110 plus you need some marine wire and a

wall thermostat for a nice neat installation. this one has been running 5 winters now.

http://www.eco-heater.com/index.html
        "Adios Dinero"

Comment

I've been considering getting one for the master head. I saw the 400 but also a 150 watt, I thought the 150 may be to small to do any good. With out a thermostat just wired to a breaker or plugged in it may be worth it. On the 38 if I leave the door open to the head to get heat it blocks the heater in the berth so it's always cool.
          Capt. Ron.
          "I will not tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death"
          "Never Trade Luck For Skill"
          1987 3870 - Northern Lights ll
          Hino EH700
          Westerbeke 8.0
          1999 Logic Marine 17' CC/50 Merc.
          on Louisiana pool Mississippi River.

Comment

Get the 400 watt and hardwire it properly with a wall thermostat. They are only 24 inches square and if the towel bar is above it with about 4 inches clearance from the bottom of the towel the convected heat from the air gap keeps em toasty. I keep the boat at 68 and the heads at 72.
            "Adios Dinero"

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the 150W one?

Comment

Here ya go, make sure you read the reviews as it does not put out much heat.

http://www.amazon.com/Indus-Tool-CL-.../dp/B0009HMFPM
                "Adios Dinero"

Comment

Working...
                X