New, Own a 1981 4050 with twin Detroit 453s-gctid781968

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, Own a 1981 4050 with twin Detroit 453s-gctid781968

Just a quick introduction. New to the forum, hoping to learn a lot. I own a 1981 Bayliner bodega 4050. I have twin Detroit for 453's, and a bit of work to do on interior cosmetics.

I am looking for an original drawing of the built-in couch in the main salon.

Looking to learn from other 4050 owners.

Thanks, Rod
    1981 Bodega 4050
    Named: Pilgrim's Journey

We purchased an 82 Bodega this summer for a live aboard... I was fortunate enough to get most of the original manuals... I will look to see if there are any drawings...if nothing else if you have an email address, I can send photos. Our boat is about as stock condition as I've seen online.

Comment

Nice you got Diesels.

Comment

Welcome to the forum you have a roomy boat and the 453 engine can stand lots of HR. and to rebuild half the cost.
        Slightly modified 2859 6.5 Diesel Bravo III X drive
        96 Dodge 5.9 5 speed Gear vender OD.

Comment

I was specifically looking for a Detroit powered larger Bayliner. This was a painful process in finding a boat. I looked at Hatteras, trawlers, and about everything in between.

I found this bodega from a really nice couple. It left me enough room to do some interior modifications so that the boat would better suit my tastes. The 4050 has a lot of room and was the perfect price for me. The only other boat that I like the space better was the Gulfstar 44.

Any advice on these boats would be greatly appreciated. I have to take the boat down the ICW to Florida where I'm relocating. My plan is to go through all of the mechanicals and update the electronics before heading out.

Thanks again, Rod
          1981 Bodega 4050

Comment

Okay so I'm a dork I know you private messaged me with your email address and somewhere along the lines I lost it. Would you be kind enough to send it to me again and this time I will try not to lose it

Todd

Comment

Todd, can you take measurements of your built-in couch without the cushions? I.e., width, height, depth etc. Some pictures would be great!!!

Thanks

Rod
              1981 Bodega 4050

Comment

Rod, so sorry for dropping the ball on your request! We have been dealing with a death in the family that happened in January and it has been one Nantucket sleigh-ride since.....

Email me at trmundinger@yahoo.com and we will get those photos in Dimensions heading your way. So sorry for the delay. We will be back on board next week.

Comment

Working...
                X