Need boat and liveaboard suggestions for my new job in Tacoma-gctid701709

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need boat and liveaboard suggestions for my new job in Tacoma-gctid701709

I'm starting a one year contract job in Tacoma next week (live in Vancouver WA now). I'm looking for liveaboard suggestions for both a boat to buy and a marina to put it in. Wife wants to buy a travel trailer Job may turn to full employee position and would last several years but Admiral won't consider buying property for that short a time. We will probably return to Vancouver in any case after retirement in 4-8 years as we are not selling our home. We would bring the boat to Vancouver when the job ends. Budget is $40-100k. It is just wife and I, no kids or pets. Preference obviously is a 45 pilothouse for space and comfort but admiral is afraid of size and financial exposure if it has major issues. As you can see from my signature we have lots of experience with 28-34' boats but wife has none living aboard. I lived aboard in Tacoma years ago briefly and liked it and even lived aboard my boat through a winter in an RV park in Cheyenne WY (but that is another story best told with adult beverages) :lol:

I am a reasonably good at repairing most of the things I break or own so am not afraid of and do understand mechanical and electronical (wife's word) things.

I would appreciate your input on options and pitfalls. PM's are welcome. If this should be in a different forum let me know

Steve

Foss harbor marina
    Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
    Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
    93 3058 sold
    92 2855 (day boat)
    91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
    Longbranch WA
    Life is Good

Comment

There is a nice 40+ footer, diesel, Leschi North Lake WA Seattle at the very low of your price range. Boat is clean, but seller lives aboard and is not very moxie about how to sell a boat. Seller is FSBO. Advise if you want more info.
      Ned Porges / Seattle

Comment

Sorry about the delayed response. Very busy with move and new job. Please PM with info if it is still available and you still have it.

Comment

It seems like the best boat in your price range would be a 32 - 40 foot Asian trawler with an aft stateroom. You should be able to find something like a CHB 34 well inside your price range,
          1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
          2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
          Anacortes, WA

Comment

Working...
          X