Any Semiahmoo live-aboards?-gctid683423

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Semiahmoo live-aboards?-gctid683423

Just wondering if anyone's on here from there.

I wouldn't imagine it'd be easy as some. It's a pretty small marina and privately owned slips from what I've been told?
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Yes they are privately owned slips. That's where I want to live-aboard. Just curious if anyone is on here.

Comment

Even if you own the slip, you still have to pay a monthly "hoa" type fee around $200. Not worth it in my book. I was looking at some waterfront condos there on the spit and they were 50% off (the cheap ones were were down to 450k from 900k) but they came with a free slip.

Also, from what some people have told me, it can get choppy in there. It doesn't really have a rock jetty around it. Looks just like floating log booms.

And really no amenities out there, Blaine is about 15 minutes away, and not much more there.
        Esteban
        B-ham!
        Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Yes there is a moa (marina owners assoc) fee of $250 a month for a 50' dock, elect, water, pump-out every tues. included. Yes the break wall is anchored to the bottom, but it does a good job of keeping the chop out of the marina, (i watch it everyday on web cam). They do have the marina cafe thats open everyday, not much of a menu but ya wont starve lol, and basic stuff in the store for food plus a pretty good array of wine and beer in stock. Plus too 5 star restaurants at the resort, which are prob. seasonal. You also have access to 2 golf courses. Its a small marina yes, but it is pretty quite there, which im ready for in retirement after dealing with A$$holes all my life lol.. Its just like owning a condo with fees.

Comment

Were is this place new to me.

Comment

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Se...5ae924985637d4

It is a nice place because it is close to the San Juan Islands, Victoria and all those beautiful cruising spots in Canada. Basic amenities, including cafe, store, fuel dock and pump out, Semiahmoo resort has awesome sunset views and delicious world class restaurants. The marina is well protected from prevailing breezes from the west. Down side - you must drive to Bellingham (20 miles) for the big stores and most marine services. Did I mention the great restaurants at the Semiahmoo resort? ;-) We were at Blaine but got tired of driving to Bellingham for supplies so we moved to Bellingham.

Comment

"Bout Time" post=683656 wrote:
                Yes there is a moa (marina owners assoc) fee of $250 a month for a 50' dock, elect, water, pump-out every tues. included. Yes the break wall is anchored to the bottom, but it does a good job of keeping the chop out of the marina, (i watch it everyday on web cam). They do have the marina cafe thats open everyday, not much of a menu but ya wont starve lol, and basic stuff in the store for food plus a pretty good array of wine and beer in stock. Plus too 5 star restaurants at the resort, which are prob. seasonal. You also have access to 2 golf courses. Its a small marina yes, but it is pretty quite there, which im ready for in retirement after dealing with A$$holes all my life lol.. Its just like owning a condo with fees.
                I guess that is why the slips only sell for 10k to 15k.

I only pay around 280 month for my 33' slip in Bellingham, that includes water and electricity. And I only have to untie and motor away if I get sick of the place, don't have to try and find someone to buy it.

I had my boat at the Blaine marina for a few months when I bought it while I was waiting for a slip in Bham. That place is a ghost town. You definitely won't have to contend with any a-holes since you will be a hermit up there.

I would rent at Blaine first. At least there you could walk to Edaleens for ice cream.
                Esteban
                B-ham!
                Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

LOL on the hermit. I got to buy so the tax man dont take it all lol. Ive paid then plenty so i will buy for that reason. Im selling out down here in cali and it will be like a life insurance for my daughter when i crook she can sell it all. lol Then if it really gets to bad in the states i can go 1/2 mile and throw up my arms and ask for political asilum in canada. lol

Comment

Semiahmoo is a wonderful marina although it is a bit too far north unless your main interest is Canadian waters. I am Canadian and new there but so far am really liking the place, they have a great community there.

My suggestion would be that you give it a try as we have done. You do not have to buy and can rent a slip either from the marina of find an owner who is not using there slip and cut a deal with them The deal I made with an owner was to pay his fees of aprox. $200 a month and a further $75 to the marina for a total of $275 for a 40 foot slip.

If you go to Semiahmoo slips for sale you will see there are lots for sale, you could then contact the owner.

I sometimes think I would rather be in Bellingham as it is closer to the area I want to boat in but there is a catch as I understand it.

I talked to the port authority and they told me there was a long list for 40 foot slips although they had some 50's.

If you need any more help just contact me directly.

Ray

Comment

Thanks Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X