Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

take the winter blanket off?-gctid358329

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    take the winter blanket off?-gctid358329

    dare i take the shrink wrap off this week and start buffing? this winter has been non-existant. i'm worried that if i do, 'Ol Murphy will send a blizzard my way. But look at this...

    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCT0034
    2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
    Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
    Bravo II drives
    Closed-cooling

    #2
    I've been thinking the same thing. I'm from upstate NY and there has been no winter here, but I know as soon as I peel the wrap off of it we will get a foot of snow. Its still very tempting though...

    Comment


      #3
      Strip it!
      ..........

      Comment


        #4
        Oh I want at mine so bad I can taste it. In three weeks it comes out of storage.

        My boss thinks it's humorous that she chose to send me to a two week training and I won't be back until a week after she comes out.

        I wish I could store it at home to have the winter to shine her up and putz. My home owners association would take issue however.

        ------

        Go for it.
        Jim McNeely
        New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
        Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
        Brighton, Michigan USA
        MMSI # 367393410

        Comment


          #5
          peel that sucker...

          Comment


            #6
            I am also in Upstate NY, and I am itching to pull it off and get to work, but I KNOW if I do, there will be 3' of snow the next day... Still a bit early I think for this area.

            Comment


              #7
              Devildog9999 wrote:
              I am also in Upstate NY, and I am itching to pull it off and get to work, but I KNOW if I do, there will be 3' of snow the next day... Still a bit early I think for this area.
              Yup, same here,,,,,tantalizing, but too soon yet

              Comment


                #8
                I used to live in the Syracuse area and we've had measurable (6") snow as late as Mother's Day one year. That was unusual, but it can and does happen. I'd say you may be safe after April 1st, but maybe not before.
                1990 2755 - sold
                2005 275 - sold (now boatless)

                Comment


                  #9
                  happy to say, we have been told boats are scheduled to come out of hibernation (indoor storage) in the next few weeks!!!!

                  since the snow we had this winter hasn't even been enough to broom it away (lakeshore,ON), we have no real concerns.

                  marina has their updated work list ready.....cause we keep adding to it......and hopefully by mid april Paradise2 will be ready to come home!!! yippee !

                  Comment


                    #10
                    DevilDog, no ice this year on Lake Erie, so an early start is not out the question. I would say first week of April you should be good to go. We are stored indoors and they don't pull us out until the second week of April. 2 weeks of prep and we will launch first week of May.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Well, I uncovered today, not because of an early spring but because the high winds last weekend ripped up my cover.

                      Normally I uncover the last week of March so this is just a little early.

                      I store in water so I am officially launched. It's 60 degrees here and sunny,

                      I won't unwinterize the engines 'til the end of the month.
                      "Adios Dinero"
                      1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
                      Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

                      Comment


                        #12
                        It's sunny and mid 50s here and the long range forecast is for low temps above freezing to the end of the month but I never did trust weather people.

                        I'm going to hold off until the end of March.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Went up to the marina today 65 degrees and almost uncovered it...As far as Im concerned, game on...... any temp over 60 is time to tinker, fix, replace, repair, 70 its time to buff and drop in April 15th..keeping my fingers crossed, we dont get 3 months of rain like we did 2 years ago...that really sucks if that happens 89 2556

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I have been messing with mine for a week now. I have alot of work to do this spring, two engines coming out. It will be nice to get this early start. Love it. I am usually still snowmobiling now. 75 degrees here most of the week. CRAZY!!

                            Thunder

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I put my drives on and a few other things to mine so far, just tinkering. The wrap is pretty hot inside so I am not looking forward to working in there until its off. Last year our launch was a month late, hopefully this year we get in early.

                              I havnt heard anything from my marina yet.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X