Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris
    replied
    I have had mine 89 2556 for 4 years now, and have slowly redid most mechanical items, as well as cosmetic things..The 88, IMO is a better layout, the stairs to the flybridge are on the left which means more headroom in the shower. Im so chompin at the bit, the weather here in NY is 65 today and went to check on things, makes me want to uncover it and start working on getting it ready. April 15th is my launch date, cant wait...new GPS too!! Question...I have to change out the gimbal bearing it was growling a bit while making turns, anyone what the approximate price is to do the job?, Happy 2012 boating season, may we all survive unscathed, happy, and enjoying the summer.

Chris

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    griff wrote:
    Baylinerer: OK, I saw the "before" pictures. You sure squared it away. What's your location? We are in Saint Pete Beach on the Intracoastal. Will probably cruise to Shell key on Monday, water temp now 72 degrees and it should be warm. Griff
    Hi there,

yes, it took me three weeks to bring the boat where she is now and I'm not done yet...I'm in Fort lauderdale and drop the boat in the intracoastal at the 14th street boat ramp "Alsdorf Park".

There are very few 2556 in Florida, it took me two years to find a decent one here, but it was worth!

This is my first boat and so far I'm very happy with it, now I'm looking for the right truck to tow it, a 6 Cyl is not going to cut it, its amazing how heavy it gets when re-filled with gas and water.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you Ken,

I'm going to have to check to make sure is the "inboard" engine gauge, that might be the problem.

I think I have the electrical schematic somewhere, thanks.

do you remember where your gauge back switch is set? the old ones where in 12ob and I tryed that setting and also the 8 cyl setting....

thanks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Baylinerer: OK, I saw the "before" pictures. You sure squared it away. What's your location? We are in Saint Pete Beach on the Intracoastal. Will probably cruise to Shell key on Monday, water temp now 72 degrees and it should be warm. Griff

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    BAYLINERER wrote:
    Hey Ken, I need to replace the RPM gauges on both stations, I purchased the FARIA new RPM gauge from West Marine ($139) but when I connected the thing, It blew the fuse, it looks like the new ones have a different way to connect them...also the new FARIA has a different size so i had to made some changes on the panel to be able to install it...after burning three fuses I gave up and the gauge is in my toolbox now, any ideas?
    Oh, and to answer your question, is it the right gauge? If you accidentally got the one for outboards it might be a problem, also make sure the switch on the back is set properly for your engine type/size. Maybe rotate the switch a few times in case there is junk caught in it. Do you need a copy of the electrical schematic?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    BTW, as you can see i replaced the compass. This one is nearly a drop-in replacement http://www.amazon.com/Ritchie-Voyage.../dp/B002MYOHTW

Only had to drill a tiny hole through the outer flange on the compass to route the wire.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    BAYLINERER wrote:
    Hey Ken, I need to replace the RPM gauges on both stations, I purchased the FARIA new RPM gauge from West Marine ($139) but when I connected the thing, It blew the fuse, it looks like the new ones have a different way to connect them...also the new FARIA has a different size so i had to made some changes on the panel to be able to install it...after burning three fuses I gave up and the gauge is in my toolbox now, any ideas?
    I bought new Faria gauges as well. Only have the Flybridge temp gauge installed so far. (you can kind of see it in the picture) Was working fine but now both temp gauges are pegged at 260. Scared the crap out of me when i saw it until I realized I had just started the engine engine and there was no way it went from cold to 260 in 10 seconds (plus the alarm wasn't sounding). But I popped the hatch and felt everything by hand just to make sure. Don't know if it is a grounded wire or sending unit is dead.

I noticed the OEM speedo/tach gauges are larger than the replacements so I am going to have SomeSailor make me new dash panels and toggle plates. He does some really nice work. PM him if you want to inquire. There are some nice pictures of his work floating around here somewhere. Maybe someone can post a link? I need to let him know my stuff is coming soon. Finally brought the toggle plate home from the boat. Just need to stick it in the mail I guess.

The one thing I hated was having to cut the gauge wiring plugs (pigtails). Would have been so much easier. But ended up cutting them off and crimping new connectors on. Blecht.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    2850Bounty wrote:
    It's not so much to do with anything regarding climate or weather.

The venturi/windscreen directs the air stream up, over and above you, and it adds to how quiet it can be on the F/B.

It's quite nice to have it in place.

I would love to have it, if for nothing else than aesthetics. But at $500 I am more than happy to go without ;-)

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    Ken-SoCal wrote:
    I don't have the flybridge windshield either. doesn't bother me at all but then again I live in San Diego.
    It's not so much to do with anything regarding climate or weather.

The venturi/windscreen directs the air stream up, over and above you, and it adds to how quiet it can be on the F/B.

It's quite nice to have it in place.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This was taken a couple days ago. 83 degrees ;-)

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/661874=25163-476964_3516565839276_1425893768_3334579_1290657770 _o.jpg[/img]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    2850Bounty wrote:
    I watched this last night on my iPhone. Very nicely done. :coo-

I've always loved the 2556 and could easily own one.

I couldn't help but notice that the video begins at the fuel station..... is there a statement here?

Also noticed that your venturi/windscreen is missing! I can't say enough about how important these are to have installed.

They are also very stupidly expensive, if you were to need a new one. But worth the cost, IMO.

I don't have the flybridge windshield either. doesn't bother me at all but then again I live in San Diego.

Leave a comment:

• Ron_Everson
    replied
    I am so jealous! It was 25 degrees this morning. It will be quite a while before I can get the boat out of the shed.

Leave a comment:

• itsabowtime2
    replied
    OK, now I REALLY miss summer!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 2850Bounty
    replied
    I watched this last night on my iPhone. Very nicely done. :coo-

I've always loved the 2556 and could easily own one.

I couldn't help but notice that the video begins at the fuel station..... is there a statement here?

Also noticed that your venturi/windscreen is missing! I can't say enough about how important these are to have installed.

They are also very stupidly expensive, if you were to need a new one. But worth the cost, IMO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X