Cabin door key-gctid358057

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabin door key-gctid358057

I recently acquired an '89 2950 Bayliner through a repo sale. Though there were ignition keys with it there was no key for the main cabin door. I am unable to shut the door fully because it is in the 'locked' position. Does anyone know were I might be able to get a key for this door?
    1989 Bayliner 2950
    twin 5.7 OMC's with cobra legs

Need more info: Does the hardware have a manufacturer's imprint or are there any numbers stamped into the lock hardware?
    Simo
    2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain -> SOLD!
    Downsized to a couple of kayaks for now.

Comment

Remove the lock and take it to a key shop.
      Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
      Twin 350 GM power
      Located in Seward, AK
      Retired marine surveyor

Comment

If its nothing more then a simple cam lock it would be cheaper to replace it with cabinet lock from hardware store then have it rekeyed.

Comment

boatworkfl wrote:
          Remove the lock and take it to a key shop.
          +1. A 5 min job and $20
          Mike & Dixi
          2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
          Closed Cooling

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like the best thing to do is to remove it and try and get a key cut or replace it.
            1989 Bayliner 2950

Comment

postie is this the replacement to the glasply, or are you adding to the fleet? Ryan aka reeltrouble.

Comment

I assume these are the skeleton keys. Two things. The keys are not as readily available and the factory, Bomar(under the Pompanette umbrella) has discontinued offering them any longer.

Patrevan wrote:
                +1. A 5 min job and $20
                Second, making them by hand takes about 45mins-1hr.

I'm a locksmith, would love to help but the resources are dried up.

Comment

Post a photo of the lock.
                  Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                  Twin 350 GM power
                  Located in Seward, AK
                  Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Again thanks for the replies. This will be my first attempt to upload some photos here. Hope this will be of some assistance. Ryan we still have the Glasply but picked this Bayliner up at a repo sale with the intent of cleaning it up and selling it this spring. It's in the back yard right now but we have a slip as of Apr 1st. If it does't go we will just have to use it-not being such a bad thing! What would be ideal for us is to sell both and get a 2655 on a trailer.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/662373=25214-2012-03-10_10-24-55_390.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/662373=25215-2012-03-10_10-25-31_331.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/662373=25216-2012-03-10_10-26-07_775.jpg[/img]
                    1989 Bayliner 2950

Comment

Working...
                    X