Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3M One Step Marine RestorerWax OR 3M Marine Color/Gloss Restorer - which is better?-gctid357803

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    mixed blessing wrote:
    I posted earlier about shining and removing oxidation on my red stripe on a 1986 2550, thank you for all of your feedback.A lot of people mentioned the 3M One Step Marine Restorer & Wax, but no one mentioned the 3M Marine Color/Gloss Restorer.I am wondering if the 2nd is a newer product or possibly less effective. Here are pics of both. And as always - THANK YOU!!!

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]
    Both of these products are pretty aggressive.( rubbing compound & Wax). Use to bring out color on oxidized hull. Otherwise just Polish w/ buffer, and wax.3M Finesse It II for everything...I use the same stuff. Works excellent!

Leave a comment:

• Go Aweigh2452
    replied
    Unless your boat is totally oxidized, you don't require either 3M you posted. You can easily use 3M Finesse It II for everything...

before photos:

After:

Another photo of my cabin top after the Finese

And I had not even waxed yet...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks for your earlier post reply, great picks and awesome boat!

I had never heard of the Color/Gloss restorer either, just wondering about it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jim,

From your earlier thread, I posted a pic of our 89 2755 which has a colored hull. That shine is from using the Restorer & Wax product above. I didn't use color/Gloss restorer, didn't know it was available. Either way, my results where great.

Leave a comment:

• 3M One Step Marine RestorerWax OR 3M Marine Color/Gloss Restorer - which is better?-gctid357803

I posted earlier about shining and removing oxidation on my red stripe on a 1986 2550, thank you for all of your feedback.A lot of people mentioned the 3M One Step Marine Restorer & Wax, but no one mentioned the 3M Marine Color/Gloss Restorer.I am wondering if the 2nd is a newer product or possibly less effective. Here are pics of both. And as always - THANK YOU!!!

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/660737=25108-restorer.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/660737=25109-color.jpg[/img]
Working...
X