2001 305 value-gctid357505

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 305 value-gctid357505

I might be moving on from team Bayliner. Getting ready to negotiate on a Carver. Good news is I don't have to sell mine 1st but I'm trying to get an idea what I can reasonably expect to get out of mine. I've looked at the guides and boat trader but it's always best to get recent actual knollege from buyers. If you've been in the market for a boat like mine recently, what did you find? If you want to keep it private, you can PM me and I'll respect your privacy.

For comparisson sake, I'm the second owner. Fresh water Minnesota boat.

5.7 BII, Westerbeke, A/C. I've kept up on the maintanance, boots were replaced 2 years ago.

Everything else pretty routine (impellers every other etc).

Cockpit cover in addition to the standard bimini and tops.

Thanks in advance.

Doug
    Doug
    Hanging Loose
    98 Carver 350 Mariner
    2013-
    KRUSTY KRAB
    2001 305
    5.7 BII
    2006-2013

Part of the problem is prices are all over the board. You have 3055's starting at sub 27K for a 1999 to 70K plus for a 2003.
    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
    1998 3055 Ciera
    (yes, a 1998)
    Previous boat: 1993 3055
    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
    Sea Doo XP
    Sea Doo GTI SE
    Life is short. Boats are cool.
    The family that plays together stays together.
    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

itsabowtime2 wrote:
      Part of the problem is prices are all over the board. You have 3055's starting at sub 27K for a 1999 to 70K plus for a 2003.
      I agree. There are so many variables on a boat 11 years old that it is difficult to say what it is really worth. The condition (real or perceived) is very important for resale price.
      2007 Discovery 246
      300mpi BIII
      Welcome island Lake Superior

Comment

NADA guide says average retail is 35K with Hi Retail 41K

That is for a base boat add for options then add a bit more.

We find NADA is often on the low side.

Try to find comparison boats on Boatdealer, Boattrader, and brokers sites.

Comment

boots were replaced 2 years ago.
          So they are due again.

We recently bought our 3055 and I had been watching prices for some time. They were mostly in the low $40k range but they were all sitting around for many months not getting sold. I don't really know the actual selling price. We positively stole ours by all accounts, so our price is probably not useful. We paid $30k and it has a significant amount of upgrades done within the last couple years.

Comment

I think it depends on how fast you want to sell it. I've been looking to upgrade for about a year so Ive been shopping around. I have noticed that alot of the same boats that have been for sale last year are still for sale. Those ones seem to have high prices. On ebay, most of the boats don't sell because the reserve usually isn't met. That tells me that sellers believe their boats are worth more than what the market is willing to pay.

Comment

Wow, 30K for a 01 does sound like a good buy. As for the boots, up here they last a long time and most people get 8 plus years out of em. Probably due to the short season.

As for prices being all over the map, that was why I was asking for recent shopping/buying experience. Part of the issue with pricing is lots of people are buried

in stuff and are trying to get payoff which is never an accurate reflection of the market. My thumb's length guess was low mid 40's but I was looking for some 1st hand knowledge.
              Doug
              Hanging Loose
              98 Carver 350 Mariner
              2013-
              KRUSTY KRAB
              2001 305
              5.7 BII
              2006-2013

Comment

carguy wrote:
                Wow, 30K for a 01 does sound like a good buy. As for the boots, up here they last a long time and most people get 8 plus years out of em. Probably due to the short season.

As for prices being all over the map, that was why I was asking for recent shopping/buying experience. Part of the issue with pricing is lots of people are buried

in stuff and are trying to get payoff which is never an accurate reflection of the market. My thumb's length guess was low mid 40's but I was looking for some 1st hand knowledge.
                Up here you can get more for it, 30k is insane. I paid 38k for my 99 and that was a tough price to negotiate. The 01's I saw were going for around 45-50k when I was looking. Depending on condition of course.

Comment

Thanks Ryan. That's pretty helpful as I've seen your boat. Even if I get the Carver, you and I are still on for the dinghy races off P-town in about 3 months.
                  Doug
                  Hanging Loose
                  98 Carver 350 Mariner
                  2013-
                  KRUSTY KRAB
                  2001 305
                  5.7 BII
                  2006-2013

Comment

You bet Doug, what carver ya gettin?

Comment

350 Mariner. Ugly as hell but a fly bridge that seats 10.
                      Doug
                      Hanging Loose
                      98 Carver 350 Mariner
                      2013-
                      KRUSTY KRAB
                      2001 305
                      5.7 BII
                      2006-2013

Comment

We have a couple of those at our marina. They are different looking that's for sure. I think they look ilk the newer Tefal clothes irons if you ask me.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/660624=25101-digi40396772.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/660624=25102-Tefal-Maestro-Premium-Iron-FV3370~23J959FRSP.jpg[/img]
                        Cheers, Hans
                        2007 Carver 41 CMY
                        Twin Volvo D6-370
                        Montreal, Canada
                        Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Those Mariners are great on space.

So are these:

Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                          1998 3055 Ciera
                          (yes, a 1998)
                          Previous boat: 1993 3055
                          Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                          Sea Doo XP
                          Sea Doo GTI SE
                          Life is short. Boats are cool.
                          The family that plays together stays together.
                          Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Up here in the PNW the 99-02 3055s have been listing for anywhere from 36-45. I've even seen an 05 listed for 65k. So like the previous posters have indicated.. They're all over the board. I think you'd be doing well if you got anywhere north of 35k, and decent if you sold for above 30. My opinion is very few, if any boats, go for more than 80% of asking price, unless they're absolute gems and priced low to begin with.

I just picked up an 03 305 for 30k for reference. Dinghy with 5hp on davits, radar, chartplotter, and upgraded to fresh-water cooling. Mid 300s on one engine, and 40 hours on the other.

Comment

up here they last a long time and most people get 8 plus years out of em.
                              People everywhere "can" let it go that long, but it's quite foolish. You have to remove the drive anyway to do the other regular maintenance (people "up there" do that, don't they?) so a change is only $40 more.

Comment

Working...
                              X