1996 20ft trophy installing a hardtop-gctid357039

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 20ft trophy installing a hardtop-gctid357039

has anyone installed an aftermarket hardtop on their boat? i picked up a used hardtop for my trophy and just wondering how it will affect stability it is 102" long x85" wide and will sit at approx 6'6" high thanks for any advice (weighs about 150lbs) and comes with alum frame

Have no experience installing a hard top. But if you are going from no top to either a hard or soft canvas top you will see a big difference in how the boat handles in a side wind. The top is just a big ole sail to keep your butt dry.

Comment

I have installed a hardtop on my 2001 trophy 2052. Here's a photo. It doesn't handle too much differently than before. Wind does affect handling as mentioned by other post. I wouldn't be without a hardtop now that I have it. I love it.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/660060=25062-IMG_5502.jpg[/img]

Comment

thanks i cant wait to install it i hope it looks as good as yours turned out (nice pic) im getting tired of fishing the west coast of B.C. soaking wet

Comment

Casco Bay. Where'd you pick up that hard top? It's a great looking addition. Do you mind sharing the cost? I just spent $1200 replacing the soft top, and wish that I'd gone your route. The West Coast can be very miserable, and you have the ideal weather hut!!
          Bob Hawes.
          Kelowna, B.C.
          1998 Trophy 2052 WA
          4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

Yes please share the main import stuff here, who, where, and how much?

Very interested.........

Comment

try altantic arches tower in a box website there around 2200. to 2600. theres also some places around seattle but there pretty expensive

Comment

There is one here right now for 19-24ft Bayliner up for bids and there is usually a few on all the time.

http://www.noreservejet.com/Boating/Bayliner.php

$2120.00......free shipping!

Comment

I hard a local shop, Redman Marine in Maine supply it. The cost was $ 4500.00 with 4 rocket launchers and light. http://www.redmanmarinefabricators.com/

The canvas cost me another $ 1000. A local shop custom fit that for me. http://www.fortunecanvas.com/

I tried to post more pictures but can't seem to. I did a number of upgrades to the boat that would like to share.

Comment

Here is my aftermarket hardtop from Maine

Comment

Still isn't fixed

Comment

Working...
                      X