faded canvas..-gctid356995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

faded canvas..-gctid356995

Heres one that i havent seen yet... the canvas on my boat is very faded, can ya paint it? Just curious how anyone else has overcome this eyesore... its still in great sahpe, seams all good just lost its color...

Depending on the canvas you can re-dye it, but "paint" would not have the elastic properties you would need, and would soon become an even bigger eyesore.

Comment

Never thought about that... thank you very much!

Comment

Can it be dyed a different color?

Comment

Yes (to an extent) You can go darker, but not lighter generally, unless you bleach out the fabric first, but that can be hard on your canvas.

Comment

Faded? You know its suppose to be tan in color unless your talking about something other than the whole top with the screens. That top is only 2 seasons old - shouldnt have any fade, but the guy that built it is from Rite Way Canvas in Winona. They may be able to dye it a different color if you want to change that.

Comment

One of the reasons canvas fades is because the maker of the top used the wrong material. Sunbrella for example makes awning canvas and marine canvas. New they look the same and of course the awning material is cheaper, but in time, the awning material will fade.

If you get a top made make sure it is marina material.

Comment

Impulse wrote:
                Faded? You know its suppose to be tan in color unless your talking about something other than the whole top with the screens. That top is only 2 seasons old - shouldnt have any fade, but the guy that built it is from Rite Way Canvas in Winona. They may be able to dye it a different color if you want to change that.
                I thought it was supposed to be maroon, the same color as the the spot where they stitch or whatever to keep it from fraying..???

Comment

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...1&d=1330577547

take a peek and tell me if im mistaken....

Comment

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/664061=25404-7.jpg[/img]

Comment

well you can see what im talking about in my album however link i posted is so very small...

Comment

Search this out;

We used to disolve parafin wax into a gallon of kerosene and then apply to our outfitters tent. It would stiffen it up nicely and become very water resistant. After an hour or so the kerosene would evaporate and leave a nice flexible coat on the canvas. This would last one year. I imagine you could add your dye to the kerosene as well to get the color you want. Should be able to find something on the net about treating outfitters tents.

Comment

thanks ill check it out!!

Comment

I have black sunbrella on my boat and it's 9 years old it hasn't faded. Sunbrella is is a manufactured synthetic material and is the same color all the way thru so I have no idea what your talking about unless it's something other than sunbrella........ It really can't fade...

Comment

Lol Aaron you goof. That's the screen. The whole thing has zip down windows with built in screens. That's what made it so expensive. There shouldn't be any fading

Comment

Working...
                              X