Replacing Trailer 1996 Bayliner Cierra Express 2252-gctid356861

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Trailer 1996 Bayliner Cierra Express 2252-gctid356861

I need suggestions on finding a roller trailer that will hold my 2252.

What brand of roller trailer are members using to trailer their 2252?

I'd like to find a galvanized roller trailer.

My boat weighs about 5,200 lbs so of course I will need a tandem with brakes on each axle.

It would be great if I could find a used one maybe less than 5 years old.

One of my concerns is that if I have to order the trailer how can I be sure it will fit the boat properly before I buy.

I currently have a 1996 Yacht Club tandem trailer. I guess I could call them up and just buy the same model.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Paul

I suggest you get a bunk style trailer, They are easier to load and support the boat better. Torsion suspension and Galvanized would also be a great choice. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

PaulTX wrote:
      I need suggestions on finding a roller trailer that will hold my 2252.

What brand of roller trailer are members using to trailer their 2252?

I'd like to find a galvanized roller trailer.

My boat weighs about 5,200 lbs so of course I will need a tandem with brakes on each axle.

It would be great if I could find a used one maybe less than 5 years old.

One of my concerns is that if I have to order the trailer how can I be sure it will fit the boat properly before I buy.

I currently have a 1996 Yacht Club tandem trailer. I guess I could call them up and just buy the same model.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Paul
      I am going through the same thing right now - looking for a trailer for my 2750.

There are a lot of trailer manufacturers out there - start looking local to you so it is easier to get your trailer. Also Craigslist, internet.

Also I see your in Texas and a lot of the manufacturers in Florida (trailer heaven) will ship to Texas free. I highly recommend going that way.

Most manufacturers have "templates" that allow them to fit your boat to the trailer. Mine is a 1979 2750 and all I contacted had the pattern for mine, so yours will be no problem. If they don't, find out how close it will be, you may need to tweek it a little.

Watch your weight, at 5k boat and 1500 lb trailer, your right at the limits for a 7k lb trailer - I would go 8k lb or more.

Hope this helps

Comment

Just a comment, no brand suggestions, stick to a roller trailer, easier to load, much easier to launch, and as I have attempted to comment on here many times, provide as good if not better support that a bunk.

Ok, maybe a brand suggestion or 2, I like Shoreland'r and Karavan.

James

Comment

Working...
        X