2004 Trophy Pro 2359 side to side rolling problem-gctid356482

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 Trophy Pro 2359 side to side rolling problem-gctid356482

I'm told this is a common problem with my hull design. My boat tips side to side considerably more than other boats the same size while cruising. I have to continually use steering and trim tabs unless seas are calm. has anyone had this problem and found ways to minimize the roll.

Do you have a lot of weight up higher?

Comment

Deep v-hull , this is typical, also the 2359 sits pretty high. you will sway side to side but its a safe ride, kinda a like a cork. takes a bit to get used to.

Comment

Nope, just a zodiak. This is a problem with this model of trophy, I have spoken with other owners. Unfortunately, none of them had found a fix.

Comment

pjumper wrote:
          Deep v-hull , this is typical, also the 2359 sits pretty high. you will sway side to side but its a safe ride, kinda a like a cork. takes a bit to get used to.
          I was thinking that I would try and add some weight up front so it sits lower in the water.

Comment

If you are running light yes it is a characteristic of the 2359, 8.5 beam. It's worse when light and you have people moving around as you are trying to pilot the boat. I try to keep all my heavy stuff as far forward as possible such as extra downrigger balls. As mentioned before keep your load low don't add wait above the cabin unless absolutely necessary. If it's really bad you could go to large tabs for a little more ridgid control. Best option keep your weight forward and centered as much as possible. Keeping tabs down all the way entering the marina will help with wandering as well.

Comment

Thats great to here the feed back about the boats characteristics, I will be a 2359 owner in the spring and am glad to read the info on how the boat performs.

Comment

"Fin-N-Tonic" post=356482 wrote:
                I'm told this is a common problem with my hull design. My boat tips side to side considerably more than other boats the same size while cruising. I have to continually use steering and trim tabs unless seas are calm. has anyone had this problem and found ways to minimize the roll.
                I have the next size bigger, though a lot older. I'm curious whether you have a windlass with chain. If so, I'm betting your chain is kept up in your bow. That's a problem I had with mine. Would you mind posting a photo of it? Primarily, I'd like to see the top of the bow and from the cabin door forward.
                "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
                MMSI: 367637220
                HAM: KE7TTR
                TDI tech diver
                BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
                Kevin

Comment

We have a 2005 and you do know right away if someone is moving around. Using some trim helps. It seems to be more of an issue on the models with a single prop. We have a B lll and it tracks much better. We really enjoy our 2359, you will too.
                  2005 2359 Trophy Pro "SOLD"
                  "Amigo"
                  B lll 5 ltr.
                  1998 2452 (Sold) "Island Time"

Comment

"Black Creek" post=793124 wrote:
                    We have a 2005 and you do know right away if someone is moving around. Using some trim helps. It seems to be more of an issue on the models with a single prop. We have a B lll and it tracks much better. We really enjoy our 2359, you will too.
                    I agree with that. I have my 'crew' stay in one place when underway because of how it handles.
                    "B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
                    MMSI: 367637220
                    HAM: KE7TTR
                    TDI tech diver
                    BoD Puget Sound Anglers North Olympic Peninsula Chapter
                    Kevin

Comment

Working...
                    X