Difference between Draft Hull and Draft Max?-gctid355833

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Draft Hull and Draft Max?-gctid355833

And is it measured with full capacity (fuel, water, at least one person etc) or empty weight?

Thanks

Mike

Hull draft would be the draft of the hull only, ie. on an outboard or I/O powered boat with the drive unit raised. Max draft would be with the drive unit lowered. As to loaded or not that would vary by manufacturer; however, on small craft the difference would only be inches so it should not be a big factor.

Comment

Unless you are talking about a small boat, I doubt the weight would change it more than a few inches at most.

Other than that I doubt there is a correct answer.

It's kind of like boat length. In the bar they grow. In the marina they shrink.
      Jim McNeely
      New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
      Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
      Brighton, Michigan USA
      MMSI # 367393410

Comment

It's kind of like boat length. In the bar they grow. In the marina they shrink.[/QUOTE]

That statement is sooo true.. :-) lol

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Mike

Comment

richardson is correct:

Hull draft is hull only. Usually stated fro an outboard boat w/o the engine.

Max draft is with the propulsion system at its lowest position.

The thing about hulls growing in bars is much like the length of a fish caught, the fish gains 3" with each beer......
          Captharv 2001 2452
          "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Working...
          X