Campion 925-gctid355480

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campion 925-gctid355480

Guys, i have been offered an opportunity to gain on someones loss . The gain in this would be a Campion 925, has anyone heard of these boats? Im goin to research myself tonight but i thought i would hit you all first. Any pros cons ? I have never heard of this manufacturer.

made in bc canada ithink there was a dealership in charlottetown pei a few years ago and a friend of mine bought a 22 foot cuddy and he really liked it.

Comment

Campion has been around quite a few years - they are located in Kelowna, BC Canada. My previous boat was a 1978 26' Campion Toba flybride, 350cu block marinized by Volvo, Volvo Penta 280 outdrive. Owned it for 18 years before buying the 38 Bay. My buddy had a 1978 24' Campion Haida flybridge for 15 years before buying a 2858 Bayliner. They made a lot of smaller runabout boats too.

Here is a link to their website: http://www.campionboats.com/boat/model-925/
      Two C's 1990 3888 MY, 175 Hinos, Hurth 630 Trannys
      Past Commodore Emerald Rose Yacht Club
      Member International Order of the Blue Gavel
      MMSI: 338030604

Comment

I had a friend that had one it seemed like a good strong boat. For its size it did seem a little heavy.
        1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
        twin 454's
        MV Mar-Y-Sol
        1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
        Twin chevy 350's inboard
        Ben- Jamin
        spokane Washington

Comment

they are nice boats.....well built.....I think a bit heavy and underpowered...but danged nice..

:arr arr

Comment

They are made in Canada.

Very nice quality.

I almost traded in our 3055 at the end of 2002 on thier 30' Cruiser. The marina had 1 left on close out, $95,000. Not sure about under powered as this one had twin Merc's with Bravo 3 and stated max speed of 50+. On our sea trial, a very cold October day in MI with all canvas up we hit low 40's.
            Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
            1998 3055 Ciera
            (yes, a 1998)
            Previous boat: 1993 3055
            Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
            Sea Doo XP
            Sea Doo GTI SE
            Life is short. Boats are cool.
            The family that plays together stays together.
            Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

thanks guys, this one is about 40 mins away , he says it is perfect. we have been wanting to move to the 3055 , not sure if im financially ready for a 50,000.00 jump . which is what he is asking . its an 2004 campion alante 925i. he says it has 180 hrs. I did some research last night looks like they are smilar to the Doral in quality. Im gona chek it out but it is a little outa my pricerange and we just bought some upgrades for our 2655 we are really looking forward to this season, i definitley cant afford 2 boats! Thanks for replies.

Comment

I owned two of them....a 23 foot fly bridge version and a 25 foot sun bridge which I bought brand new. Great boats, well built. The only reason I didn't buy a third one is that they didn't make anything big enough at the time.

Comment

Scraping B wrote:
                  thanks guys, this one is about 40 mins away , he says it is perfect. we have been wanting to move to the 3055 , not sure if im financially ready for a 50,000.00 jump . which is what he is asking . its an 2004 campion alante 925i. he says it has 180 hrs. I did some research last night looks like they are smilar to the Doral in quality. Im gona chek it out but it is a little outa my pricerange and we just bought some upgrades for our 2655 we are really looking forward to this season, i definitley cant afford 2 boats! Thanks for replies.
                  From a space point of view more like a 2855 not like a 3055. Hi quality Kelvar hull Volvo power worth the drive.
                  John McLellan White Rock BC
                  "Halifax Jack"
                  1999 2855 383 stroker BII
                  MMSI 316004337

Comment

The Doral is balsa cored hull so you need to really do a moisture survey has this can be big trouble if damaged.

Campion did not use balsa in the past......not sure now!

Comment

Working...
                    X