can(39)t wait for summer in vancouver-gctid354994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can(39)t wait for summer in vancouver-gctid354994

Hello everyone on BOC.I am a first time boat owner.2000 ciera 2455,I have been searching through this site for the last couple of months and I can't believe how much knowledge I have gained just from reading a few posts.

So here is my first of many questions to come.I just ordered a swim platform for my boat,and will be lifting it out of the water next month to instal it.I will be cleaning the hull etc.and installing new zincs.What other things should I do or look for when the boat is out of the water?Any help would be appreciated.Thanks....

oHey Langley. Welcome to BOC. You have arrived at the right spot for good info. Yours is a pretty broad question and you have provided pretty limited info. Please consider including your power description, including drive. Photos are always nice. You'll need to provide a more comprehensive description or your boat or be more specific with your questions. As your boat is 12 years old, the responses may be very broad as well. If the boat was stored indoors, and used only in fresh water, and well maintained as opposed to sitting in a slip in salty stuff.... catch my drift.
    Mike & Dixi
    2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
    Closed Cooling

Comment

welcome to the zoo.....while it's out...I'd have the drive bellows inspected as well as the gimbal bearings....then have the engine aligned....while you got everything out..change the oil in the drive and have the prop reconditioned...bout 60 bucks for that....

change the oil in the engine and give it a proper tune up.....wash..wax....pictures....etc.....also inspect the electrical connections to the batt's and just have a good maintenance session and replace anything that is in need of tlc.....while your at it.....make sure you seal the bolts an connections of the swim platform with 4200 sealant....

best of luck.....

5 dollar consultation fee..

:arr arr

Comment

Any thing that is maintenance to the out drive. The bellows ,change out drive oil .if its been over a year I would put in a new outdrive water pump. Check the bottom of the boat plan for new bottom paint or touch up the existing. Propeller repair if needed.
        1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
        twin 454's
        MV Mar-Y-Sol
        1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
        Twin chevy 350's inboard
        Ben- Jamin
        spokane Washington

Comment

Welcome to BOC

I'm also fairly new and have a 2001 2455. I'd like to see pics when you get your swimgrid. I live in Langley, maybe we could get together and share info. My boat is sitting on a trailer waiting for summer.

Cheers

Joe
          1988 3218
          Triple “O"
          Hino diesels

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

When was the list time that the outdrive had an "annual" service done to it? Remove drive, replace bellows, check/grease bearing, etc? It really needs to be done every couple of years. If you don't know, or it was longer than that, then have it done now.

I had a 2455 for years before upgrading to the 3055. Fantastic boat with a lot of room for its size.

As far as winter...

Comment

That was part of my annual fall/winter layup process. It is/was cheap insurance. My marina charged me $129 per drive for the service. If my next boat has an I/O it will be part of my annual maintainance on that potential boat.
              Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
              West River Yacht & Cruising Club
              www.wrycc.com

Comment

Looks like the 2455 is the boat of choice in Langley... where do you guys keep yours. We have ours at the Pitt Meadows Marina, a quick shot up to Pitt Lake or a ride down to the open water.

Comment

Welcome to BOC !

As has been suggested I would inspect the whole drive and bottom of boat. look for any interior leaks and reseal any leaking fittings.

Comment

51zulu wrote:
                    Looks like the 2455 is the boat of choice in Langley... where do you guys keep yours. We have ours at the Pitt Meadows Marina, a quick shot up to Pitt Lake or a ride down to the open water.
                    Not to hijack the thread..... I'm looking to be in Ladner. Pitt seems like a long way to the mouth.
                    1988 3218
                    Triple “O"
                    Hino diesels

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

Try Port Moody, up the Indian Arm. Nothing more beautiful. Lot of room in the marina for boats your size. Give it a try and you will never go back. we have lots of poeple from Langley. Its just as far as Ladner

Comment

Buddy bouy wrote:
                        Try Port Moody, up the Indian Arm. Nothing more beautiful. Lot of room in the marina for boats your size. Give it a try and you will never go back. we have lots of poeple from Langley. Its just as far as Ladner
                        I love Indian Arm its a nice way to unwind on a Friday evening. Ladner is a good place for me.....I work in Richmond near Steveston and #5 Rd. Only 10 minutes to Captians Cove or The River House.
                        1988 3218
                        Triple “O"
                        Hino diesels

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
                          When was the list time that the outdrive had an "annual" service done to it? Remove drive, replace bellows, check/grease bearing, etc? It really needs to be done every couple of years. If you don't know, or it was longer than that, then have it done now.

I had a 2455 for years before upgrading to the 3055. Fantastic boat with a lot of room for its size.

As far as winter...

Do you guys have enough water to stick a boat on in Arizona?

Sunny and hot or not I wouldn't trade boating in the Pacific Northwest for anything. BTW if summer hits Vancouver before Seattle let us now, there will be a tsunami of wakes headed north.

Comment

Before installing the swim platform, you should check with a Bayliner dealer to find out if the transom needs to re-inforced.

Comment

Hahahaha, you seriously think that any Bayliner dealer is competent to know that, and/or would give a good answer? Really? And anyway all transoms can support a swim platform. Period. All of them. That's like asking if you can stand on the outdrive, which some people freak out about. How much HP is going through that outdrive and across the transom?

Comment

Working...
                              X